Royal Blood are friggin' ace. If they take some cues from them, I'd be chuffed. Royal Blood's album is basically ten tuneful Liquid States / Osaka Jams.

:awesome:.

Muse are already influenced by QOTSA, Led Zep, Deftones et al. I don't really see what Royal Blood's influence would add.

I'd rather Muse took cues from the likes of Tool again and recorded some more complex heavy songs.

I'm sorry for depressing you. Would you like a hug?

Yes please but only if you are wearing a Christmas jumper like I am :D

More like Royal Blood were influenced by MUSE....and who knows where Matt takes his influence from...could be Earth...could be the outer rings of Saturn:!!!!!D:LOL:

If we're talking ideal influences here I'd say The Mars Volta would be the best influence for them in terms of sound and direction but that probably won't happen this century

More like Royal Blood were influenced by MUSE....and who knows where Matt takes his influence from...could be Earth...could be the outer rings of Saturn:!!!!!D:LOL:

xD

If we're talking ideal influences here I'd say The Mars Volta would be the best influence for them in terms of sound and direction but that probably won't happen this century

I'd rather acts like Tool and Meshuggah, given that those acts generally rely on a guitars-bass-drums setup.

Also I've never liked Cedric's vocal style on the louder tracks- I really wish he retained the rabid barking from the AtD-I days.

Edited by Alec.

I, for one, hope that the album is good and that all of the fans like it.

If all the fans like it then it won't be good

I thought we'd all generally agreed that Muse falls flat when they try to crowd-please.

I dunno if I'd generalise that much, but the hit-to-miss ratio is certainly higher at those times.

Muse are already influenced by QOTSA, Led Zep, Deftones et al. I don't really see what Royal Blood's influence would add.

I'd rather Muse took cues from the likes of Tool again and recorded some more complex heavy songs.

I agree. Tool, Nine Inch Nails and Porcupine Tree are the three bands I wish Muse would just sit in a room and listen to for a while.

Not PT please. I love them, but they're just too pretentious. Muse have (generally) been good at cutting through pretension by being brash and immediate.

I'd settle for some raw and classic Thin Lizzy guitar shredding influence and a bit of heaviness from early QOTSA. But the influences are irrelevant. It's the finished product and hopefully it's just better than the last two albums. I'm hoping for some decent longer songs with some huge solos and strong vocal work.

I guess I'm the only one that wants Matt to listen to more classical pieces that rock, like most of Rachmaninoff and Liszt. Influence by other rock or metal might look good on paper, but I think classical music works better if their focus is already on making a more heavy album.