Almost all key signatures are basic major/minor scales designated by a certain number of sharps/flats. In this case three sharps (♯♯♯) indicates either F♯ minor or, more likely in this case, A major. Either way the accidentals are the same: C♯, F♯ and G♯.

See: http://neilhawes.com/sstheory/skeysig2.htm

Occasionally you might see E♯, a note from the F♯ harmonic minor scale, as Muse are big fans of leading tones and major dominant chords. This will be notated outside of the key signature, and at other points you can generally assume the E is natural.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_scale#Harmonic_minor_scale

Three sharps so either F# minor or A major. Melody starts on an E and nips down to an A and kind of moves around their a bit so yah, A major

Isn't that the case for all live performances vs studio versions?

Absolutely not. If I had heard the likes of Stockholm or Fury live before their actual release I would have been blown away. Listening to the actual tracks after I would have been at least equally please. Half the reason Muse are so good live for me is because I fall in love with the studio tracks and the live performances add a whole new dynamic.

Supremacy sounded good at E-Werk because it seemed like a throwback to Muse's older style with that awesome central riff a lot of people recognised from Citizen at Glasto '04. Then the actual track surfaced and it was over-produced and cheesy as hell.

SS' studio chorus is fantastic (and it has great "I wish I could"s :D ). Studio Fury has that final chorus falsetto thing that has never been reproduced live (except at Le Zenith? Possibly?); Megalomania's outro on record kicks ass compared with the live version; Resistance and City of Delusion both feature epic notes that Matt has rarely hit live as well.

In contrast, I thought the E-Werk version of Supremacy is way better than the studio version. The guitar is stronger in the mix and more beefy, and Matt's falsetto is way more unhinged and aggressive. I much prefer the way he sings the first "Supremacy" to how he sings it on record.

[YT]

[/YT]

Absolutely not. If I had heard the likes of Stockholm or Fury live before their actual release I would have been blown away. Listening to the actual tracks after I would have been at least equally please. Half the reason Muse are so good live for me is because I fall in love with the studio tracks and the live performances add a whole new dynamic.
Do you realise that you're not actually making an argument for what you're trying to say, but rather the opposite?

Archived