Sounds pretty generic to me.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't stick to the original plan of a 3 piece stripped-back 'rock' album. The latest pictures and the video are already bringing back memories of the recording process of the last two albums.

Just my thoughts at the moment.

Sounds pretty generic to me.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't stick to the original plan of a 3 piece stripped-back 'rock' album. The latest pictures and the video are already bringing back memories of the recording process of the last two albums.

Just my thoughts at the moment.

Don't lose hope, having AC/DC's old producer as producer for this album will surely make sure they don't lose the plot for an entire album's length.

I'm not sure I'd want an entire album of 3-piece songs though, that'd get kinda boring...

And in the same way the Unsustainable trailer didn't mean the whole album would be a dubstep album, this 10-second string excerpt doesn't mean there won't be stripped-back 3-piece songs on the album.

Then again, Michael Bolton's producer might like a bit of cheese here and there.

As I said, not the whole album. Some is good though, Muse has many elements and beautiful symphonic/classical aspirations is one of those that has been present since forever. They'd lose their touch I think if they gutted that completely. So some is > none.

Maybe they released it because some fans were seemingly under the impression that the album would be completely stripped back to 3 instruments. But no Muse album has ever been like that so this isn't that much of a surprise.

lol Showbiz???

I too was totally confused at the leap they took. Thats a bigger stretch than people here make and its coming from a professional journalist.

Pretty sure it was just fan speculation. And totally understandable. From what I've read on here, fans used to know even less, and speculate even wilder. There was rarely any basis for any claims at all.

Absolution was/is probably Muse's most consistently heavy and bombastic album, yet it had perfectly ample room for the likes of Blackout and B&H alongside Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria.

So long as that snippet isn't mushed into some god-awful dubstep mash-up, excite++ :awesome:.

Sounds pretty nice to me. Matt seems to be improving at composing orchestral stuff, if this snippet is any indication (and if he did indeed compose this).

To be honest, I'm glad it's not just a guitar/bass/drums setup for the entire album. Some bands do it well, but IMO Muse is not one of those bands. Variety suits them.

Archived