It sounds too slow to be Osaka Jam. If it really was a slowed down Osaka Jam in the end that would be disappointing.

Agree. Had a relisten after having that thought and the drums are way too slow. Still it could be a diff section of the song that is slowed down lol. Nah I don't want to get carried away with this but it would be nice.

Alright guys, I've been ear tabbing Muses stuff for a long time, and here's my 2 cents.

He's only playing on the A String. BUT he may also be hitting the D string at the same time, possibly altering the tuning of the guitar (surprised nobody mention that the guitar might not even be standard tuned)

He's tremolo picking. Note his picking hand, it never stops until he hits the begging of each measure, where he vibratos the note. This doesn't change much but at the same time it does, cuz now it's not standard notes.

Once I feel better il get to work on it, il have to download it and really take a look.

It sounds too slow to be Osaka Jam. If it really was a slowed down Osaka Jam in the end that would be disappointing.

Sorry if this is a dumb quest but what sounds way too slow because what they posted on Instagram was only a photo?

You might have a point about the harmonics though although I was always under the impression Matt wasn't very good at those.

Doesn't have to be if he was playing this whole section on a guitar with a sustainer switched to harmonic it will take notes held long enough to the harmonic while leaving the rest of the quicker played notes alone but honestly who knows :LOL:

That piano is the studios its in their pictures on there website. So it hasn't been brought in, so we don't know if we are getting a piano song plus it does sort look like it's been shoved in the corner rather than being actively used. Still I wouldn't bet against it.

Not really sure what point I was trying to make there but you know... :LOL:

Archived