"Not quite". But I guess that means it's relatively close?

I can definitely hear some Royal Blood in that riff that was tabbed out though.

I have to agree with the royal blood reference, the riff it's self sounds like it would be used in a bridge section to either drop in to a bigger riff or a solo, either is fine by me :D

Why does everyone assume it's a riff and not a solo? Judging by the speed of the picking, the amount of hammer on notes and even that his hand moves around the fretboard so much, I think that 'riff' is a pretty long way off because I think this is much less structured than a riff (with it looking like a solo and all...)

Why does everyone assume it's a riff and not a solo? Judging by the speed of the picking, the amount of hammer on notes and even that his hand moves around the fretboard so much, I think that 'riff' is a pretty long way off because I think this is much less structured than a riff (with it looking like a solo and all...)

It could be but its just seems unusual place on a guitar to play a solo as it looks to be all on A string plus the beginning part repeats its self. Although it could be a bridge into a solo like I said earlier, which to me seems most likely as it would explain the repetition and then the breakdown at the end while moving down the fretboard. I'm definetly no expert though :LOL:

It could be but its just seems unusual place on a guitar to play a solo as it looks to be all on A string plus the beginning part repeats its self. Although it could be a bridge into a solo like I said earlier, which to me seems most likely as it would explain the repetition and then the breakdown at the end while moving down the fretboard. I'm definetly no expert though :LOL:

Could be a solo with the whammy pedal if it's all on the A string

tumblr_nd0s01v8uu1rz7cblo1_1280.png

Hmmmmm

Maybe its in a different tuning? Or the timings wrong?

As a guitarist myself, looking at Matt playing, and listening to the soundcloud riff, its not right. I think its the timing thats the major issue, and the bends are not as sharp. They look more like vibrato to me

Just think the sound cloud clip is far too basic for what is going on in the vid.

Yeah that was my thought, what matt's playing looks more shred like. Let's hope it's some mellodic metal type stuff e.g. SS, Assassin etc. :D

Archived