Their decision to stop if I remember had to do with the accessibility of audience bootlegs so if that's true it's unlikely they'll play new material even if they have some demos.

No one wants their material to be heard through some shitty camera phone, however times have changed. Audience audio sounds great and I honestly expect to hear something from Coachella/Lolla Brazil since it will be livestreamed. What a way to introduce some new material.

Yeah I can't see them introducing new material until close to the album release. In today's world of short attention spans and ease of internet distribution the songs would be completely "old" by the time the album drops, which might take a year. And it would just create unnecessary butthurt when the studio version would end up being "wrong" compared to the early version, if the songs don't seem to deliver (even if they are still in their early stages), etc.

No one wants their material to be heard through some shitty camera phone, however times have changed. Audience audio sounds great and I honestly expect to hear something from Coachella/Lolla Brazil since it will be livestreamed. What a way to introduce some new material.

I would think it's the opposite though. Like it felt as if they didn't like modern recordings cause a new song would be revealed to the world immediately which is why they only seem to do early concerts shortly before the album release to gain hype (Teignmouth, E-Werk).

I assume that beforehand if they played a new song all you had was either descriptions of the attendees or very low quality recordings in which case it was difficult to really piece together what it would sound like, and it would probably stay within the realms of the hardocre fans since there was very little mass media hosting at the time.

Maybe it's because I'm in the US, and YouTube has a bug up its ass about blocking videos, but all the e-werk pre-release recordings I saw sounded like shit.

Times haven't changed enough.

Distribution methods have sped up, however, and like people have said, if good quality recordings of unreleased stuff showed up, it could easily make the songs sound like old news by the time the album released, unless it was a really quick turn around.

And god knows we're still bitching about how the album versions of things suck (Assassin, Exo, on and on.)

What a cute hamster!

What

Maybe it's because I'm in the US, and YouTube has a bug up its ass about blocking videos, but all the e-werk pre-release recordings I saw sounded like shit.

Times haven't changed enough.

The blocking is really an issue of the system of copyright going against any technological advancement. It doesn't change the fact recordings are up and any new song if not on YouTube would be on musebootlegs or similar sites to be distributed anyways regardless of how tightly the label is watching YouTube.

Also a stream would be available regardless.

I expect at most there'll be some sort of tease and then Matt will go "look forward to the next album" or something. Otherwise they'll just play as per normal.

I think the length or depth of the T2L Making Of DVD was okay, but I find it silly that they left out some songs and hid them as 'bonus' or 'secret'.

Reading was supposed to be lives treamed :awesome:

The blocking is really an issue of the system of copyright going against any technological advancement. It doesn't change the fact recordings are up and any new song if not on YouTube would be on musebootlegs or similar sites to be distributed anyways regardless of how tightly the label is watching YouTube.

Also a stream would be available regardless.

Were there better quality versions of e-werk initially that I missed?

I broke down and watching the few shitty quality clips that were up, but I didn't dig much.

And, admittedly, the songs I listened to on e-werk then actually disappointed me slightly on album.

If you actually read/listen to the latest interview with matt, it sounds like this album may or may not go the way we're expecting.

Was that that article ages ago where he said he "could totally change his mind"?

That's not exactly a revelation. :LOL:

Were there better quality versions of e-werk initially that I missed?

I broke down and watching the few shitty quality clips that were up, but I didn't dig much.

And, admittedly, the songs I listened to on e-werk then actually disappointed me slightly on album.

There's a radio broadcast available on Muse Bootlegs, I believe.

I think the length or depth of the T2L Making Of DVD was okay, but I find it silly that they left out some songs and hid them as 'bonus' or 'secret'.

I actually was disappointed with the making of, for some songs it was just the final studio version playing to footage of them playing, like Animals (yes, there was the piano part in the beginning). I would have much rather seen Matt's guitar work just by itself, as it was being worked on, for example.

I realize it's probably a distraction to have to pay attention to the camera when recording an album, but I wish a little more effort would be put into taping and editing interesting material. I recently rewatched TR documentary and it was a lot more interesting.

Obviously this is mostly pointless whining because The Making Of is always a bonus most bands don't offer their fans.

Archived