Gone way off topic! Haha

So Matts apparently written some songs, they've signed a new management deal...hmm, I think Matt will initially aim for a rockier raw album and maybe we will get something closer to a mix of Absolution and Black Holes?

But hopefully they don't go too raw and simple and produce a really generic album that sounds the same like when Metallica went back to roots and made that average Death Magnetic album. But that's a TERRIBLE example! Maybe when muse get ancient like Metallica they will go back to their roots and make an awful album :p But I hope not.

I have a suspicion Chris will again be singing lead for atleast one song... But I hope that they try a song where they both sing verses or Chris lead and Matt backing. Would be an interesting twist they could pull off? Blood Red Shoes do this very well and frequently alternate the singing and they're a two piece band.

Gone way off topic! Haha

So Matts apparently written some songs, they've signed a new management deal...hmm, I think Matt will initially aim for a rockier raw album and maybe we will get something closer to a mix of Absolution and Black Holes?

But hopefully they don't go too raw and simple and produce a really generic album that sounds the same like when Metallica went back to roots and made that average Death Magnetic album. But that's a TERRIBLE example! Maybe when muse get ancient like Metallica they will go back to their roots and make an awful album :p But I hope not.

I have a suspicion Chris will again be singing lead for atleast one song... But I hope that they try a song where they both sing verses or Chris lead and Matt backing. Would be an interesting twist they could pull off? Blood Red Shoes do this very well and frequently alternate the singing and they're a two piece band.

From the interviews, it sounded more like an aim for a new direction but with less tech. The new management deal sounds interesting. Usually it is about money, but would prefer to think it's more about increasing creative control. No worries, babe. Don't think muse has ever been generic. Looking forward to another song by Chris. Really think he could hit up Chicago blues or the latest sound coming out of New Orleans.

Alternating verses would most likely be awful imo. I think Chris' voice is better suited to doing backing vocals.

The only thing I've heard, (not sure how old the info was) is that they're expecting the next album to be out in early 2015. Maybe a single could be released by Christmas this year.

Again, I don't know how old that bit of info is, but I don't think it was very old.

I read it too, I guess in a interview of Matt in Rolling Stones. Hope they find the time to write and record new songs for 7th album, so we can hear it en 2015 and see them on stage around the world!! :p

The info isn't very old.

Matt said they "might" record some stuff this year depending on how everyone was feeling, and talked about the 2015 release.

Then a short while later he came out with how he'd already written some songs, and there were random tweets about how he was in the studio, and places like NME started reporting a "confirmed" 2014 release date.

Which I'm pretty sure they are just bullshitting about.

Archived