How would you change The 2nd Law?

Niall

No, I meant more heavy. Sorry, I'm adopting Whedon-speak.

I won't make it full on industrial, but I'll add a bit of a tinge to introduce them to using it so when they go full on industrial it wont feel like a copy :yesey:

What if Matt still comes up with blatant Queen and U2 rip-offs? :( Seems like we need a new songwriter as well.

No, I meant more heavy. Sorry, I'm adopting Whedon-speak.

I won't make it full on industrial, but I'll add a bit of a tinge to introduce them to using it so when they go full on industrial it wont feel like a copy :yesey:

I'm sold. You don't want them doing what LP did on A Thousand Suns and trying to make Year Zero before they could make Pretty Hate Machine.

It works either way really, I just like having the final explosion before the end

That works really well, yeah. You should order the next album, cos Muse are terrible at it.

Sigh...

Muse deliberately order it so it doesn't sound cohesive, to show off contrasts between genres as much as possible.

I weally weally like this thread.

Ok I finally managed to find the perfect order for this album

Unsustainable, Supremacy, Panic Station, Explorers, Prelude, Survival, Liquid State, Madness, Save Me, Follow Me, Big Freeze, Animals, Isolated System

Nice! Some of the order is actually how I placed it as well. Animals into Isolated System flows well, I think. Also Save Me -> Follow Me, which I liked.

I think however that, as some said, Madness should go into Prelude + Survival. Same key at the end, it's nice.

I've toyed with many setups, can't actually get my head around what I want. Except that the first and last track should be Unsustainable and Isolated System, respectively.

Somehow I think Animals flows well into Madness, because it is "madness" at the end of Animals. :rolleyes:

One of me proposals:

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Panic Station

Madness

Prelude + Survival

Explorers

Save Me

Follow Me

Big Freeze

Liquid State

Supremacy

Animals

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Liquid State into Supremacy is nice, and Explorers after Save Me because of what people said here about "go to sleep" and then dreamlike etc.

Panic Station early because it just has to be.

If I would change anything, I'd change the order slightly. Something small like this;

Supremacy

Panic Station

Madness

Prelude

Survival

Animals

Follow Me

Big Freeze

Explorers

Save Me

Liquid State

I just think everything flows well like that. Otherwise I have no complaints. Well, perhaps Liquid State needs something... else (first post :happy: )

Maybe remove Save me

Why so much hate for Save Me? :( It's just a beautiful song, and its so lovely too.

Liquid State is an awesome song too - so Queens of the Stone Age!

[A bit more on topic] - I wouldn't change the album at all - Its the product that Muse wanted it to be, so I can't really go about changing it with out kinda destroying something that they've made - It could flow better in many people's opinions, but I really love the way it is now :)

Supremacy is a fantastic way to start, then a complete contrast with Madness which follows, then the rest of the album is pretty consistent (In my opinion) ending beautifully with Isolated System which is such a fantastic instrumental piece, which really does bring up emotion, and brings the album to a fantastic end :)

Why so much hate for Save Me? :( It's just a beautiful song, and its so lovely too.

Liquid State is an awesome song too - so Queens of the Stone Age!

I don't hate Save Me :LOL: I just love all the other 2nd Law songs better. I think Chris just needs some experience.

[A bit more on topic] I wouldn't really change it either (expect maybe improve chris songs), I agree with you

Unsustainable

Supremacy

Panic Station

Follow Me

Liquid State

Explorers

Save Me

Big Freeze

Animals

Isolated System

Prelude

Survival

My order. Personally, I think it gives a whole different vibe to the album -- rather than it feeling bleak near the end it's more hopeful with Survival.

Unsustainable

Supremacy

Panic Station

Follow Me

Liquid State

Explorers

Save Me

Big Freeze

Animals

Isolated System

Prelude

Survival

My order. Personally, I think it gives a whole different vibe to the album -- rather than it feeling bleak near the end it's more hopeful with Survival.

IS > Prelude > Survival? :LOL:

If I would change anything, I'd change the order slightly. Something small like this;

Supremacy

Panic Station

Madness

Prelude

Survival

Animals

Follow Me

Big Freeze

Explorers

Save Me

Liquid State

I just think everything flows well like that. Otherwise I have no complaints. Well, perhaps Liquid State needs something... else (first post :happy: )

Maybe remove Save me

This is great - almost identical to my perfect order, glad someone thinks alike :)

I wouldn't change the album at all - Its the product that Muse wanted it to be, so I can't really go about changing it with out kinda destroying something that they've made

This mentality always puzzles me. It's about what would have made it a better experience for YOU. If you're so caught up with the semantics, let's just say "How do you wish that Muse would have wanted their product to be?", it's not that hard. I don't think that all of the people in this thread would have forced Muse to do things differently if they could, it's just what we wished Muse would have done.

This mentality always puzzles me. It's about what would have made it a better experience for YOU. If you're so caught up with the semantics, let's just say "How do you wish that Muse would have wanted their product to be?", it's not that hard. I don't think that all of the people in this thread would have forced Muse to do things differently if they could, it's just what we wished Muse would have done.

I can understand that, and that's fair enough, you do give a good point :)

I just feel like I can't change someone else's work, to put it simply, but if other people want to change it then its up to them :)

Archived