Ah okay...But this is just another amongst all the badly written reviews of people who just in general don't like muse :p, I appreciate making comparisons, but to the likes of Rihanna is quite insulting (like you said) ^^

They called Oceansize once a 90s crossover band and gave them 2/5 for SPWBFU.

With a current meta critic of 71%

resistance got 72% as did absolution.

Black Holes & Revelations got 75%

which are pretty high

Billboard.com

Oct 1, 2012

The Independent on Sunday (UK)

Oct 1, 2012

Boston Globe

Oct 3, 2012

The Fly (UK)

Oct 2, 2012

New Musical Express (NME)

Oct 1, 2012

Uncut

Sep 28, 2012

Q Magazine

Sep 28, 2012

Sep 27, 2012

Drowned In Sound

Sep 27, 2012

Los Angeles Times

Oct 2, 2012

Rolling Stone

Oct 2, 2012

BBC Music

Sep 28, 2012

Clash Music

Sep 27, 2012

The Observer (UK)

Oct 1, 2012

All Music Guide

Oct 1, 2012

Consequence of Sound

Oct 1, 2012

Sep 27, 2012

Pitchfork

Oct 2, 2012

musicOMH.com

Sep 28, 2012

Spin

Oct 2, 2012

PopMatters

Oct 1, 2012

The Quietus

Sep 27, 2012

This isn't an album; it's a series of OCD thoughts thrown together in passing, the only sense of cohesion coming during a rare chance for bassist Chris Wolstenholme to take centre stage on vocals.

My review is a 5/10 but its all personal opinion.

source:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/the-2nd-law/muse/critic-reviews

[

Anthony Fantano finally reviewed it.

:'(

Fair review, but I don't agree with him. He talked about nearly every song (Did he mention Liquid state?) and said what he disliked.

His biggest problem with T2L was the flow, which is understandable.

Points, where I disagree:

Madness: The end is certainly not "futuristic soul" :LOL:, it's a nice catchy pop song

Animals: He hardly talked about it. :noey:

Save Me: Nah, that description was just awful. It's really beautiful song. Probably he disliked the song, because Muse did something, he didn't expect them to do. A dreamy song.

IS: :eek:

Fair review, but I don't agree with him. He talked about nearly every song (Did he mention Liquid state?) and said what he disliked.

His biggest problem with T2L was the flow, which is understandable.

Points, where I disagree:

Madness: The end is certainly not "futuristic soul" :LOL:, it's a nice catchy pop song

Animals: He hardly talked about it. :noey:

Save Me: Nah, that description was just awful. It's really beautiful song. Probably he disliked the song, because Muse did something, he didn't expect them to do. A dreamy song.

IS: :eek:

Yeah I agree with you here (:awesome:). He did mention Liquid State, he got bored by it.

I think that if he knew the story behind Chris' songs, he would have understood why they made them that way.

And IS :noey:

And I don't understand why he barely mentioned Animals.

It's strange too that he talks about Follow Me without knowing that Nero mixed it. Maybe if he knew that his opinion of it would have changed (probably not)

I don't think it would've changed his opinion, he would've just worded it differently.

I was surprised by IS though.

I came across two reviews for two major swedish newspapers the other day.

Both said The 2nd Law sucked and both claimed that Big Freeze was the best song on it.

I need to get away from here....

Aftonbladet also thought their Stockholm gig in '09 was terrible, because it wasn't "very subtle". Oh and apparently Guiding Light was the best song of the night.

1) Muse have never been subtle. They should have done their homework before they sent some asshole to the gig.

2) Aftonbladet is not a real newspaper.

3) They don't have real journalists.

4) They're all fucking morons.

5) They all have shit taste in music.

6) Aftonbladet should just die.

7) I hate Aftonbladet.

If they said guiding light was the best song on a night on a gig, surely they must be trolling? Or perhaps like you said, they are obviously just morons

The point of the review was that Muse weren't a "very subtle band", which apparently is only a negative thing. Someone in the comments said it best:

"Knocking Muse for not being subtle enough is idiotic. It's like going to see a classical gig and complaining about the lack of guitar solos."

The point of the review was that Muse weren't a "very subtle band", which apparently is only a negative thing. Someone in the comments said it best:

"Knocking Muse for not being subtle enough is idiotic. It's like going to see a classical gig and complaining about the lack of guitar solos."

That comment pretty much does hit the nail on the head.. But it really does frustrates me when they don't even review it, they just bash it, with no structure to their point whatsoever.

"http://ilikethesoundofit.wordpress.c...e-the-2nd-law/" - have to say I got Genesis tones from some of the songs, have I heard an early radio interview somewhere where the lads list Genesis as having an influence on them?

Queen - Chilli Peppers - Jackson - U2 - Zeppelin - not a bad bunch from which to draw inspiration

Supremacy - all Muse

Unsustainable - kicks arse.

About the swedish reviews,

http://www.svd.se/kultur/musik/muse_7547886.svd this is the funniest one....

" Resten av ”The 2nd law” är ungefär lika tokigt: dramatiska stråkar, fingerknäpp, tutande i blåsinstrument, Jeff Buckleyska skrik, operakörer, elgitarrer, hej och hå. "

Sen när är

• stråkar
  • kör
  • elgitarr
  • blåsinstrument
  • coola höga toner

tokiga saker att ha med i musik..

About the swedish reviews,

http://www.svd.se/kultur/musik/muse_7547886.svd this is the funniest one....

" Resten av ”The 2nd law” är ungefär lika tokigt: dramatiska stråkar, fingerknäpp, tutande i blåsinstrument, Jeff Buckleyska skrik, operakörer, elgitarrer, hej och hå. "

Sen när är

• stråkar
  • kör
  • elgitarr
  • blåsinstrument
  • coola höga toner

tokiga saker att ha med i musik..

Because we totally know what that means :LOL:

Archived