JoshXR

Matt Bellamy's voice has never been better

Sorry. I didn't get this comment first. I mean this is what I was arguing about around a year ago. People seemed to say "he was improving his technique and now he reaches some notes better than back in early days" when his voice used to sound so "strained and painful." In my opinion it was the very point of it, but yeah, i could have agreed with that. But now it seems not that he is not 'straining' anymore, but he's literally loosing his voice. He is just not able of straining, not that he removed it.

Wow yeah that was much clearer.

Also could you not tell the unusual extreme drop in quality in his voice in such a short time? Did you think his voice suddenly decayed in 4 months for no reason?

No, he did not.

Oh stop this shit. I already brought Micro Cuts as an example. I believe there was another reason why that example was not valid. He was sick? Ok. You don't headline a festival with a lead singer sick.

Oh stop this shit. I already brought Micro Cuts as an example. I believe there was another reason why that example was not valid. He was sick? Ok. You don't headline a festival with a lead singer sick.

Ah yes, that one performance of one song that you keep using as your only basis for that super solid argument of yours.

Also could you not tell the unusual extreme drop in quality in his voice in such a short time? Did you think his voice suddenly decayed in 4 months for no reason?

No I think (as you may be do) that he was sick for last 4 months. Headlining festivals and playing gigs. Apart from that, this is not the only example. His voice has been getting worse for some time already. Now it's just, as you said, 'extremely' visible.

No I think (as you may be do) that he was sick for last 4 months. Headlining festivals and playing gigs. Apart from that, this is not the only example. His voice has been getting worse for some time already. Now it's just, as you said, 'extremely' visible.

You're making so much sense.

Man, I can't really tell if you're serious or not? His voice has not become "extremely visibly bad" now, the man is sick for fuck sake, is that such a hard thing to comprehend?

Don't use laryngitis as evidence for his voice getting worse. The great singer in the world could end up sounding like shit with that so it's not more "visible" because it's not an accurate representation of his vocal ability at all.

My typing speed is faster than normal cause of working on the bot (for some reason) so I'm just taking advantage.

Ah yes, that one performance of one song that you keep using as your only basis for that super solid argument of yours.

Tsh.... Ok. This is another example. "Super solid argument..."))))

Ok. Sick then sick if you like. May be I just don't like muse anymore. I won't say his voice became limited and forced as if he was putting to it so much effort, so it seems like at some point he might get stuck during the song. This somehow does not make sense to you as " he tries out new techniques", "finds new approaches to his voice" and " is better able to reach Bb4 or whatever else" what by the way means that his voice actually became limited. I won't say that a half of his repertoire would sound ridiculous live right now (as Micro Cuts), not surprisingly they keep performing more or less the same play list for last 2 years.

Oh fuck I don't even have to explain this. Just open your ears and check out... Zepp for example, hyper music, micro cuts again, i don't remember what else - you'll find out. Check out 10 jubilee of OoS at Reading in 2011, where Matt sort of 'stated' that OoS is no longer to be performed. That parodic performance of Space Dementia (!!!!), which lots of you actually seem to praise, Screenager, Micro Cuts again... Check out some last year UK gigs, Manchester one, my 'favorite'. And I am only talking of his vocal ability, like the quality of his voice itself - fuck! obviously he is still able to reach the notes. I am not even mentionning that his voice seems to loose all of its expressivity, which was something exceptional. I don't know. Up to you.

You'd get less hate if you just said you didn't like his voice rather than trying to prove why it's objectively gotten worse.

You'd get less hate if you just said you didn't like his voice rather than trying to prove why it's objectively gotten worse.

What is "objectively"?

I still believe in creating a rule that lets us ban stupid people from the board.