I don't see anything ugly about the words. Why do you think the words are ugly? They're better than "fuse Helium 3" in any case. :LOL:

Oh I love Matt. :D

But he uses it in a beautiful way. It fits in with the lyrics and melody of the vocals.

Gas just doesn't have nice connotations to it, in general.

I think that's a matter of immaturity tbh. :p

But he uses it in a beautiful way. It fits in with the lyrics and melody of the vocals.

This is true. I suppose it is possible that Matt might feel emotional about Helium 3. :chuckle:

But I think it was just a political statement tbh. An attempt to get people talking about it.

:chuckle: I don't think even Matt would sing about stomach gasses.

Though Tom did mention profanity in the live visuals. Didn't they light their own farts on camera once? :shifty:

This is true. I suppose it is possible that Matt might feel emotional about Helium 3. :chuckle:

But I think it was just a political statement tbh. An attempt to get people talking about it.

:chuckle: I don't think even Matt would sing about stomach gasses.

Though Tom did mention profanity in the live visuals. Didn't they light their own farts on camera once? :shifty:

Yes lol. In the Stockholm Syndrome music video.

I disagree. The word 'gas' just doesn't sound good in a song, just as 'puddles of petrol' wouldn't sound good, for example. I don't usually pay any attention to lyrics, I prefer the overall sound of the song, but I can't ignore the gas :stunned:

I disagree. The word 'gas' just doesn't sound good in a song, just as 'puddles of petrol' wouldn't sound good, for example. I don't usually pay any attention to lyrics, I prefer the overall sound of the song, but I can't ignore the gas :stunned:

Don't give Matt ideas for his next lot of lyrics. ;)

:D I'm glad it's not just me! I think the lyrics are bordering on Spinal Tap for silly and I can imagine them having blasts of liquid nitrogen on stage when they sing it live! :chuckle:

Matt might have been inspired after collapsing from one of Dom's 'stellar clouds of gas' after a dodgy curry :stunned:

:LOL: Yes. I find the wording in this song to be awkward as well.

Don't tell that Dore person, she already knows I found myself singing along to Madness the other day!

Who are you, and what have you done with Pip?! :pope:

The first time I heard Big Freeze I honestly was laughing the entire way through the song. Which never happens to me.

This is what I did when I first heard it:

horrified-womanw202h300.gif

But then I got over it.

:chuckle: Space farts. Song will never be the same again.

This is what I did when I first heard it:

When the choir came in on "healed" I was just laughing so hard I could barely hear the song for the next minute. If you take the song for what it is, don't take it too seriously (at all) and just have a laugh with it, it can be enjoyable.

When the choir came in on "healed" I was just laughing so hard I could barely hear the song for the next minute. If you take the song for what it is, don't take it too seriously (at all) and just have a laugh with it, it can be enjoyable.

I still laugh most of the way thru IBTY. But it's my favorite. :happy:

I feel the same for this song as for In Your World. one part is quite laughable and the other is easily one of my favorite Muse moments.

in Big freeze, the verses are just funny, and I feel like I want to shoot the background voices. but then the chorus comes in and I'm like:eek:

the song is half comedy, half masterpiece.

I feel the same for this song as for In Your World. one part is quite laughable and the other is easily one of my favorite Muse moments.

in Big freeze, the verses are just funny, and I feel like I want to shoot the background voices. but then the chorus comes in and I'm like:eek:

Out of interest, what part do you find laughable about IYW?

In Your World...comedy?

Still can't get into this song. I don't even hate U2 (pretty much the opposite, actually) or the fact that Muse ripped them off, this track is just ultimately quite boring.

Would be a lot more listenable if I just removed the first 30 seconds or so, but even still it would be a boring track.

Still can't get into this song. I don't even hate U2 (pretty much the opposite, actually) or the fact that Muse ripped them off, this track is just ultimately quite boring.

Would be a lot more listenable if I just removed the first 30 seconds or so, but even still it would be a boring track.

I am listening to it right now and its great. I have banished the U2 thing and now don't hear it - I understand that you and others find it too 'poppy' or 'mainstream', but I think it's fun and exciting ;)

I am listening to it right now and its great. I have banished the U2 thing and now don't hear it - I understand that you and others find it too 'poppy' or 'mainstream', but I think it's fun and exciting ;)

I can understand why you and some other people like the track, but when have I ever said it sounds too poppy or mainstream? :LOL: I have no problem with poppy or mainstream tracks, in fact most of the music I listen to could easily be considered poppy and/or mainstream.

I can understand why you and some other people like the track, but when have I ever said it sounds too poppy or mainstream? :LOL: I have no problem with poppy or mainstream tracks, in fact most of the music I listen to could easily be considered poppy and/or mainstream.

I shouldn't have quoted YOU specifically, but is that not your problem with it? What is your problem with it then? Just interested.

I shouldn't have quoted YOU specifically, but is that not your problem with it? What is your problem with it then? Just interested.

My problem is that I find it boring. Nothing else.

And I usually can't stand the first 30 seconds or so.

But who knows, maybe it can still grow on me at some point. Many songs that I now really like I have once hated, so...

Archived