Explorers and Big Freeze are both great. But on an album that has Isolated System, Panic Station, Follow Me and Animals. not top 3 material.

ie, damn this album is good.

I almost agree, though I love Explorers. I would put it as one of the top five tracks with the others you have mentioned.

Big Freeze is pretty good though.

You know, Neutron Star Collision ---> collapsing in stellar clouds of gas. It's just natural consequence.

I like the space references.:happy: Muse wouldn't be Muse without the odd space reference. :D

Well new Muse at least.

Not sure about the idea of a Kate Hudson film though. Kate Hudson plays Astronaut Barbie. :chuckle: Sorry. :ninja:

I love how it's in there. Because it's subtle and not obvious and in your face, like NSC.

I think it's very in your face and 'neutron star collision' sounds better than 'stellar clouds of gas' and also sounds less like it might relate to massive farts in space :unsure:

I think it's very in your face and 'neutron star collision' sounds better than 'stellar clouds of gas' and also sounds less like it might relate to massive farts in space :unsure:

It's pretty subtle compared to NSC. I mean, the "neutron star collision" lyric is (as well as sounding utterly stupid) so obvious the way it's sung, and the title of the song is the same, so it's damn in your face. It's just tacked on Museyness/spaceyness for the sake of it.

Stellar Clouds of gas is, as far as a space lyric in a Muse song go, on the same level as "Space Dementia in your eyes" IMO, ie, not there for the sake of trying to sound like Muse.

It's pretty subtle compared to NSC. I mean, the "neutron star collision" lyric is (as well as sounding utterly stupid) so obvious the way it's sung, and the title of the song is the same, so it's damn in your face. It's just tacked on Museyness/spaceyness for the sake of it.

Stellar Clouds of gas is, as far as a space lyric in a Muse song go, on the same level as "Space Dementia in your eyes" IMO, ie, not there for the sake of trying to sound like Muse.

But once you look at what a Neutron Star Collision is, it makes complete sense as an metaphor well simile. I'm not sure about stellar clouds of gas. I did look it up but it didn't stay with me. Neutron Star Collision stayed with me. At first I thought it was strange, but when I looked it up, I thought it was an excellent parallel.

metaphor, well simile. I think it's a simile but the point still holds. Metaphor just sounds better.

Anyway, "collapsing in stellar clouds of gas". I'm not sure what that means. Seems stellar clouds of gas are where new stars are formed but collapsing sounds like something negative. :erm: Don't know enough about the science of space to know how it describes processes.

I suppose the couple did end up with a "new star". :chuckle:

Actually that could be exactly along the lines of what Matt is referring to.

And I, I lost before I started,

I'm collapsing in stellar clouds of gas.

Oh my lord! Without saying more. Very amusing. But, of course, not really funny.

It's not subtle. I've been listening to Big Freeze on repeat as the chorus is amazingly catchy and I love the 'what words just can't convey' bit, I just find 'collapsing in stellar clouds of gas' to be very ugly wording and that makes it stand out and very un-subtle, but I don't know if the majority would agree with me on that.

It's not subtle. I've been listening to Big Freeze on repeat as the chorus is amazingly catchy and I love the 'what words just can't convey' bit, I just find 'collapsing in stellar clouds of gas' to be very ugly wording and that makes it stand out and very un-subtle, but I don't know if the majority would agree with me on that.

I guess it's subjective. I never noticed it until someone on here pointed out that was the lyric.

I don't see anything ugly about the words. Why do you think the words are ugly? They're better than "fuse Helium 3" in any case. :LOL:

Oh I love Matt. :D

Agreed.

This is by no means my favourite song on the album, but I do listen to it and it is rather catchy. I just really don't get that wording. It seems so out of place - I definitely get the "spacey farts" connotation as well. :LOL:

Gas just doesn't have nice connotations to it, in general.

I suppose. Though I'm not so sure it's meant to be entirely nice. By that I don't mean there is any intention to be horrible, but it could be referring to difficulty in a relationship.

Haha. I didn't really think of the spacey fart thing though. I doubt that is the intention. Though you never know. :LOL: Oh dear, now I'm getting bad images which unfortunately would also make sense. :facepalm:

I'm starting to feel ill! :LOL:

Agreed.

This is by no means my favourite song on the album, but I do listen to it and it is rather catchy. I just really don't get that wording. It seems so out of place - I definitely get the "spacey farts" connotation as well. :LOL:

:D I'm glad it's not just me! I think the lyrics are bordering on Spinal Tap for silly and I can imagine them having blasts of liquid nitrogen on stage when they sing it live! :chuckle:

I suppose. Though I'm not so sure it's meant to be entirely nice. By that I don't mean there is any intention to be horrible, but it could be referring to difficulty in a relationship.

Haha. I didn't really think of the spacey fart thing though. I doubt that is the intention. Though you never know. :LOL:

Matt might have been inspired after collapsing from one of Dom's 'stellar clouds of gas' after a dodgy curry :stunned:

Archived