1LIVE Radio 2012 Interview & E-Werk gig replay

FabriPav

The interviewer has a really big nose.

OMG YES

Well he looked really pissed off during the gig as well. Literally every single shot of Dom I've seen from the Cologne gig, he looks really pissed off/tired/bored. It's especially clear in one video of Save Me, right as the song ends.

I thought he looks really happy and relaxed. He isn't a wee boy anymore, he is mature ;)and sexy

Well he looked really pissed off during the gig as well. Literally every single shot of Dom I've seen from the Cologne gig, he looks really pissed off/tired/bored. It's especially clear in one video of Save Me, right as the song ends.

I was there and i saw a big smile on his face at some point. He looked pretty content ;)

Dom: "Plug in Baby just felt...it didn't necessarily feel old, it felt kinda..."

Matt: "It felt old to me"

:LOL:

Matt had a point about the lyrics thing though.

Thought it was funny how the interviewer suggested he change the lyrics (:wtf:) and he was like Nahh that wouldn't work althought he said 'finally REACHED the end' AGAIN that night in madness

Dom: "Plug in Baby just felt...it didn't necessarily feel old, it felt kinda..."

Matt: "It felt old to me"

:LOL:

I thought Matt's explanation of why it felt old was interesting. Firstly that he said that Plug in Baby was about relationship issues, as there have been several weird and wonderful explanations for the lyrics given by the guys. Wasn't there one regarding puppies?! :chuckle:

It probably is about Matt taking comfort in expressing his frustrations through playing the guitar.

But it also suggests that the lyrical content of songs is pretty important to Matt and thus he is unlikely to write lyrics again like the old ones as he has changed as a person, which actually is a good thing.

The old lyrics were well, several songs were an aggressive expression of being hurt I think. As much as that might make the songs powerful for the listener, he obviously doesn't feel that kind of anger anymore when relationships go wrong or at least doesn't want to express what he feels in the same way.

I think its a good thing that he wants to be true to himself in his lyrics. I would much rather he be true to himself than write angsty teenage stuff, just because that goes down well with angsty teenagers. That would be so fake and kind of boring. How many times can you sing about haunting someone in the dark. :LOL:

Archived