As I said in the post above yours, yes, it was the TZ-7.

Settings:

For photos

Camera mode (not iA)

Maximum picture size & quality

Intelligent ISO: OFF

Sensitivity: mainly 800, sometimes 1600

White Balance: Auto

AF Mode: Face

Pre AF: C-AF

Metering: SPOT

I. Exposure: OFF

Digital Zoom: OFF (never use a camera's digital zoom if you can help it!)

Colour: Natural

Stabilizer: Mode 2

Min. Shutter Speed: 1/8 (but only because I forgot to change it! Probably best with 1/60 or higher depending how steady you are)

For Video

As per photo, plus...

Rec Mode: AVCHD Lite

Quality: SH

Wind Cut: ON (I never switch it off anyway)

I also recommend you learn how to read the histogram if you don't already know. It's a pro tool but helps with your reading of exposure (and contrast) immensely. Histogram is set up in the tools part of the menu and can be shown or hidden by pressing the "Display" button.

The Panasonic TZ range will out-perform a phone's camera with ease. I took a few images with my phone (a lower mid-range HTC Salsa) with a view to uploading a couple to Facebook after the gig but the quality of it's 5MP sensor is way behind that of the Panny.

thanks for your setting i'll keep them on side. i have succeed to show the histogram but i have to learn how it works...thanks again:D

:p Thanks, it's a Panasonic TZ-7, the current version being the TZ-30. It manages a pretty good HD video too. I may make some of that available later in the week. I think I know who you are now as I remember thinking what nutter would wear their hoody during the gig ;)

Dayum, I need a better camera soon.

One that never wants to lose that hoody! :LOL:I've worn it to every gig I'veever been too.

thanks for your setting i'll keep them on side. i have succeed to show the histogram but i have to learn how it works...thanks again:D

You're welcome. Hope it works for you. There's no substitute for an SLR* but it does a pretty reasonable job.

*Somebody sneaked one in as he's in the background of a shot I took after the gig.

As for the histogram, the "perfect" histogram would have a peak in the middle and gradually tail of to each side. But that assumes you want a very neutrally toned image. The darker the image you are about to take or are reviewing, the greater the peak to the left of the histogram, and vice versa for a very bright image. You generally want to avoid those unless that's the effect you're going for. Of course, in gig photography you often have extremes of brightness and darkness, so the histogram can be less standard. Once you learn how it works, it can help you a lot.

I hope it gets to experience soap and water each time, unlike far too many Musers we were far too close to during the gig.:vomit:

This. They need to start giving out deodorant to certain people. Yuck!

Apart from that, I had a really good time I have to say! Had a few idiots jumping on me, they weren't as enthusiastic when I jumped all over them back! :LOL: Anyways, didn't get to meet with anyone or even see anyone which was crap, but there is always next time I suppose :(

Oh thanks for the vids, they are deadly! :happy:

I hope it gets to experience soap and water each time, unlike far too many Musers we were far too close to during the gig.:vomit:

Don't worry. I gets a good cleaning each time:LOL: It's actually a great hoodie. In the freezing queue I was nice and warm and inside I was perfectly cool. Plus when I took it off in the car later it was such a relief to have a fairly dry t-shirt!

Archived