I was thinking it might be the second Slane! Sure Bruce is tipped for that now. I wouldnt mind the Aviva announcement being held off for a while so I can get funds together! :D

yeah cant imagine what they would have instore for an outdoor gig after the brilliant show on saturday

Say Racket. Are you blonde with glasses? I think I might have been one of the people you pushed past.

I think Racket has really long, brown hair. :happy:

Indeedie, the brown hair of the longness, no glasses either!

He only pushed his way back to his rightful place which was lost due to the damn broken scanner. I would have done the same if I didn't get 2nd row (I was behind Racket when the scanner broke so also lost my barrier spot). Queueing from very early on I think he deserved to be there :)

Well, I wasn't that bothered by the barrier in the end, just wanted to be with Rebecca and her crew like we had planned since Wembley. If one of the few had caused a fuss I wouldn't have minded where I was in the end, but we got our second gig together anyhow. Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for letting it happen that way. Meant a lot. :)

Also, with the date being as it is today, kudos to the Muse pigeon for being smart and not coming out in the cold. Probably had a nice warm ledge somewhere else, lucky bugger.

Another thumbs up for the security staff who were polite and did their job well. By the time we reached the bag search the guy patting me down just pointed to my pocket and said, "Camera?" rather than asking to see it. I didn't have anything to hide anyway but it was amusing he suggested what it was.:)

Everything Everything were actually ok but their volume was turned up too high and caused distortion to the vocals.

I'm sure the Feeling Good haters were glad it has been dropped from the current set list. I was surprised we got neither Big Freeze or a U2 cover seeing as it was in Dublin.

The only downers were certain fans whose selfish actions affect others, from the idiot smoking to the moshers who were risking the safety of the vulnerable people around them, especially some younger female fans. I had to do my best to protect them until security wisely came in and marshalled things till the end of the gig. Nobody's saying stand motionless during the gig, just be aware of others' safety. They should have to move for you.

I managed to get one of the unofficial merchandise sellers thrown out but sadly not before he'd sold a t-shirt to an unsuspecting young girl. Outside, most people know those aren't the real thing, but inside the venue some people can be fooled. At least the touts did no business as they were already cursing they'd wasted the time when we were passing them at 5:30pm. And their trashy t-shirts were down to €5 when we left. Don't give them your money and they'll fade away.:D

Want to see some photos?

P1040152.jpg

P1040153.jpg

P1040155.jpg

P1040159.jpg

P1040163.jpg

P1040165.jpg

P1040167.jpg

P1040171.jpg

Now, if only we could have found a chippy on the way back to the hotel! Instead, it was spicy wedgies from the Spar.:LOL:

The only downers were certain fans whose selfish actions affect others, from the idiot smoking to the moshers who were risking the safety of the vulnerable people around them, especially some younger female fans. I had to do my best to protect them until security wisely came in and marshalled things till the end of the gig. Nobody's saying stand motionless during the gig, just be aware of others' safety. They should have to move for you.

Were you close to the front on Chris' side by any chance? I was on the barrier with two Musers and we had some asshole behind us who didn't take the small girls next to him into account. And he was jumping all over the two Musers I was with, knocking one of them in the head several times and almost crushing the other one. I kept jabbing him in the side and shot some very harsh looks his way to let him know that if he kept it up things would get ugly. Not that things needed to get any uglier than his face already was.

At the end when Chris was on the right wing and threw picks out to the crowd, the guy threw himself and made lots of people fall. When he got up he looked at me in a "what do you want?" kind of way, and I was just about ready to end him on the spot. He disappeared very quickly after that though.

You guys seem to have been in the wrong place, I saw none of that. Yeh, there was the people moshing, but whatever. Maybe it's because I'm tall that it really doesn't bother me, but it seemed to be in good spirit, there was people of all sizes and genders involved. People were deliberately pushing into us at the start, but whatever, fuck them.

Were you close to the front on Chris' side by any chance?

No, we were left of centre (closer to Matt's side of the stage). One guy tried crowd surfing but the stewards soon put paid to that!:LOL: My girlfriend thought I was getting aggressive but I explained that I have enough experience of gigs to read how people will react. I did make one guy think better of his actions and he moved well away from us. The moshers received a good number of pushes and elbows if they refused to move back, but they wouldn't have had a clue it wasn't just another of them pushing them back into the pit.:rolleyes:

I would have no problem with moshers if they weren't spoiling other people's enjoyment. But we all paid the same money and should all be entitled to the same few square centimetres of the floor.

I hope your friends were ok by the end of the gig.:)

Yeh, there was the people moshing, but whatever.
And I'd have said the same if people weren't being intimidated by their actions. You're going to get a bit of toe trampling and maybe the odd elbow in the head when everyone's jumping up and down - it's part of the "experience":) - but it's when more vulnerable fans' safety and enjoyment is affected that I have a problem with it.

If I'd have been on my own, I would have just delivered the odd elbow but I am protective towards my girlfriend and anyone I feel needs sticking up for. Anyway, I don't want to turn a happy thread into a negative one - I just feel the point needed to be made.

As you were!:D

Steady on, my girlfriend won't like your insinuation!:p

I wasn't with a bunch of girls but there were 4 or 5 in front of us.

Yeeeaaahh.... ;)

Your camera is sweet by the way. I just had my phone to try and chance a few non-blurry photos :LOL: I was the heavy guy with the brown hair and zip up hoody by the way. I think I was to your left.

If I'd have been on my own, I would have just delivered the odd elbow but I am protective towards my girlfriend and anyone I feel needs sticking up for.

Agreed. I'm the same really. That guy behind us was about one jump from getting into a situation.

Yeeeaaahh.... ;)

Your camera is sweet by the way. I just had my phone to try and chance a few non-blurry photos :LOL: I was the heavy guy with the brown hair and zip up hoody by the way. I think I was to your left.

:p Thanks, it's a Panasonic TZ-7, the current version being the TZ-30. It manages a pretty good HD video too. I may make some of that available later in the week. I think I know who you are now as I remember thinking what nutter would wear their hoody during the gig ;)

Great pictutes you take.

What camera did u use? tz7? what were the settings you choosed? i use tz10 but i wasnt able to take good pict from the stand up place the few videos were in better quality. even the picture i took from yhe video are better lol

More photographs? Oh, go on then!

Enjoy.:)

Finally some decent quality videos. Did you get Sunburn by any chance?

unfortunately no...i have really few songs cause i forgot my second battery and the one i had was not full...

unsustainable, hysteria, host+time is running out, liquid state, monty jam full

then some small extract of some other songs

it was not easy to record when everyone is jumping around or moving :)

Great pictutes you take.

What camera did u use? tz7? what were the settings you choosed? i use tz10 but i wasnt able to take good pict from the stand up place the few videos were in better quality. even the picture i took from yhe video are better lol

As I said in the post above yours, yes, it was the TZ-7.

Settings:

For photos

Camera mode (not iA)

Maximum picture size & quality

Intelligent ISO: OFF

Sensitivity: mainly 800, sometimes 1600

White Balance: Auto

AF Mode: Face

Pre AF: C-AF

Metering: SPOT

I. Exposure: OFF

Digital Zoom: OFF (never use a camera's digital zoom if you can help it!)

Colour: Natural

Stabilizer: Mode 2

Min. Shutter Speed: 1/8 (but only because I forgot to change it! Probably best with 1/60 or higher depending how steady you are)

For Video

As per photo, plus...

Rec Mode: AVCHD Lite

Quality: SH

Wind Cut: ON (I never switch it off anyway)

I also recommend you learn how to read the histogram if you don't already know. It's a pro tool but helps with your reading of exposure (and contrast) immensely. Histogram is set up in the tools part of the menu and can be shown or hidden by pressing the "Display" button.

The Panasonic TZ range will out-perform a phone's camera with ease. I took a few images with my phone (a lower mid-range HTC Salsa) with a view to uploading a couple to Facebook after the gig but the quality of it's 5MP sensor is way behind that of the Panny.

Archived