When I heard Panic Station, I felt Matt is really having fun on this song! :matt:

Panic Station!:dance::dance:

Pardon me, if This question was asked.

Who's singing Liquid State and Save me?

is it not Matt, right?

Save me the song sounds like an indie band who won the first some contest :happy:

Pardon me, if This question was asked.

Who's singing Liquid State and Save me?

is it not Matt, right?

It's Chris.

The download process may be proving a little prickly for some but the sound quality of these FLACs is stunning. Floored. Should have been in bed hours ago - going to have to listen to the whole album again first. Even Unsustainable.

Makes me thankful that Rich "Compress it til it sounds harsh and nasty" Costey is nowhere near this album.

Makes me thankful that Rich "Compress it til it sounds harsh and nasty" Costey is nowhere near this album.

According to MuseWiki, he engineered the album. Link.

According to MuseWiki, he engineered the album. Link.

If that turns out to be true (will believe it when I've seen the booklet), then kudos to him for getting a clue. Mind you the greater dynamic range on the FLACs might be helping. Will be interesting to compare these with the CD.

Just listened to Animals (again). The closing riff sounds soooo much better - really stands out from the shouting traders in a way the compressed one doesn't. Still floored (and unable to sleep).

It's Chris.

Yes., I just visited on Save Me thread.

Oh, this album is so cool, even Chris want to sing too..

Maybe Dom would be little jealous right :LOL:

Mind you the greater dynamic range on the FLACs might be helping.

Pointing out again, FLAC doesn't change the dynamic range of the song.

My post 2nd Law Muse top 10. Album tracks only, no b-sides. Fury would probably fit in there at 10 if I included b-sides.

Exogenesis

Citizen Erased

Supremacy

Hoodoo

Sing for Absolution

Space Dementia

Isolated System

Ruled by Secrecy

Take a Bow

Megalomania

Pointing out again, FLAC doesn't change the dynamic range of the song.

Yes and no. Releasing as FLAC doesn't change the dynamic range of the song - assuming it's authored straight from a 24/96 or better master, and should therefore have well over 100dB available.

However, mastering to CD necessitates downsampling to 16 bits at 44.1kHz - which limits dynamic range to 96dB or so. Ergo the FLAC versions of these songs should, if it has been done right, possess greater dynamic range than the CD. The point isn't that the FLAC changes the dynamics - it's that the CD (re-)mastering process slightly limits them, at least when the master is of higher resolution.

Oh, this album is so cool, even Chris want to sing too..

Maybe Dom would be little jealous right :LOL:

Oooh, time for a drummers joke, surely.

If that turns out to be true (will believe it when I've seen the booklet), then kudos to him for getting a clue. Mind you the greater dynamic range on the FLACs might be helping. Will be interesting to compare these with the CD.

Yeah, I was just going off what MuseWiki said. I haven't received my copy so I can't confirm it either.

Yes and no. Releasing as FLAC doesn't change the dynamic range of the song - assuming it's authored straight from a 24/96 or better master, and should therefore have well over 100dB available.

However, mastering to CD necessitates downsampling to 16 bits at 44.1kHz - which limits dynamic range to 96dB or so. Ergo the FLAC versions of these songs should, if it has been done right, possess greater dynamic range than the CD. The point isn't that the FLAC changes the dynamics - it's that the CD (re-)mastering process slightly limits them, at least when the master is of higher resolution.

Ah I see your point there (and a few details I didn't know too). I've seen the mistake of confusing data compression with dynamic before so I assumed the same this time.

Anyways, my download is finished. I shall go hear it now :awesome:

The FLAC files definitely erase one of my concerns, which was that the vocals seemed out of balance compared to the instruments on some songs. Fine now. Nice post re: FLAC vs. dynamic range btw.

Woke up to find my internet connection had died overnight and the download STILL hadn't started :facepalm: This is just a tad ridiculous. Left it running now before I went to work, but I'll likely return to the 'reached download limit' message. If, to add to it, my hard copies still haven't arrived, those .mu web people are gonna get a strongly-worded formal email of complaint! :phu:

Where is Mr or Mrs Postman? :( I want my box set already! </impatient child>

I have the FLACs though which is good! There's probably just a huge demand on the server and because the files take so large the connections established last a long time. Just kep trying I guess...

Booklet says the following re mixing and engineering:

Produced by Muse. All songs written and sung by Matthew Bellamy apart from tracks 10 and 11 written and sung by Chris Wolstenholme. Published by Warner Chappell. Additional production by Tommaso Colliva and Adrian Bushby. Additional production on track 6 by Nero.
Engineered by Adrian Bushby and Tommaso Colliva
. Tracks 1, 5, 7, 9 & 12 mixed by Chris Lord-Alge at Mix LA. Tracks 2, 8 & 10 mixed by Mark 'Spike' Stent.
Tracks 3, 11 & 13 mixed by Rich Costey
. Track 6 mixed by Nero with additional mixing by Matthew Bellamy and Tommaso Colliva. Track 4 mixed by Tommaso Colliva. Orchestral arrangements by Matthew Bellamy, conducted by David Campbell. Additional vocal production on 'Save Me' and 'Liquid State' by Paul Reeve. Additional synth engineering by Alessandro Cortini. Mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound.

To quash the rumours of Rich Costey doing the engineering.

Woke up to find my internet connection had died overnight and the download STILL hadn't started :facepalm: This is just a tad ridiculous. Left it running now before I went to work, but I'll likely return to the 'reached download limit' message. If, to add to it, my hard copies still haven't arrived, those .mu web people are gonna get a strongly-worded formal email of complaint! :phu:

I haven't even got my email yet for the download. :erm: And no dispatch email or anything. Have others who haven't received the boxset yet had a despatch email? Getting a tad concerned that something has gone wrong with my order.

I haven't even got my email yet for the download. :erm: And no dispatch email or anything. Have others who haven't received the boxset yet had a despatch email? Getting a tad concerned that something has gone wrong with my order.

I didn't get a dispatch email but the status of the order on .mu is that it was dispatched early last week so I don't think you need to worry :) Not getting an email about the HD audio is odd though :erm: Is there a chance it somehow got in your junk mail?

Ok now I'm pissed off. I started the download yesterday as soon as it was avalaible, it was going at 80 kb/s but it was ok.

I wake up and see what? "The download has been deleted because it was taking too much time to complete"

:mad:

My download won't even start :supersad: and my boxset had better arrive today or I'm going to be absolutely raging :wtf: .mu epic fail:rolleyes:

I click the download link from my email, wait for ages and it doesnt even connect to the download!

I thought we lived in the 21st Century, not back in the dark ages of dial up download problems!

Can't seem to get the download to start.:mad: But I received my Boxset on Saturday (you should have seen me going completely mental when the mailman gave me the parcel...). So I'll wait a few days before I'll try downloading the FLAC version.

Anael