There's no way I am getting the slightest bit bored. I think maybe people are overdoing the analysing and discussion. That can get boring, when it's about music. It's easy to forget to simply empty your mind and listen.

I'm spending more time just listening to it, well in between doing other stuff so I can't listen to it all the time. For me, apart from Madness, Survival and Unsustainable, it is is still very fresh.I think it's amazing, beautiful and exciting. :happy:

Mind you I still had The Resistance in my car stereo three years after it was released (of course I listen to their other music on my iPod and indoors, but I just had no inclination to take The Resistance out of my car, that will change once I get this one) so I guess if I enjoy something, I don't get bored easily. And I think I am enjoying this album even more. :happy:

I love the melodious nature of it. So beautiful. It captures the energy of the other albums, but introduces extra magic. I can't see myself getting bored of it any time soon. :D

Hmm still waiting for my boxset! Fingers crossed for this afternoon!

I feel the need to post on each individual song thread, to give my impression and to show my appreciation, but tbh I would rather just listen to it.

I think if people are bored already, they're over-listening. Some people have probably listened to the album 10 times a day for the last few days, and that's just asking for trouble. Aside from playing the "new" new songs a bit obsessively the first day, I've only listened to the whole album in full twice. Yesterday I only heard Explorers and IS. I'm trying to savor each listen. :D

I think if people are bored already, they're over-listening. Some people have probably listened to the album 10 times a day for the last few days, and that's just asking for trouble. Aside from playing the "new" new songs a bit obsessively the first day, I've only listened to the whole album in full twice. Yesterday I only heard Explorers and IS. I'm trying to savor each listen. :D

Thanks for the warning for saying "I've never been one to go full retard in criticizing a Muse album but this one just doesnt cut the cake."

You are professionally lame. Don't mind all the fapping talk that is happening between kids and adults on the board, something that could be extremely offensive and illegal. I hope your clown car breaks down.

I actually get more milage out of things I can "over analyze" or "read too much into." :ninja:

I hate songs that are... obvious? Like, "I skipped breakfast today, and fell asleep in class, fought with my girlfriend, and some dude kicked my ass." Enough with putting your shitty blog to 'music' that consists of one repeated chord on your guitar!

I hate music that I can't at least pretend has a deeper meaning. :LOL:

(all lyrics property of my collegue who's reading over my shoulder...)

Besides, without "reading too much into stuff" society as we know it wouldn't exist. It is literally the foundation of human advancement. :LOL:

That said, I've only listened to the entire album once. Save Me twice, IS twice (missed the heartbeat the first time,) and Follow Me about 30 times.

I actually get more milage out of things I can "over analyze" or "read too much into." :ninja:

I hate songs that are... obvious? Like, "I skipped breakfast today, and fell asleep in class, fought with my girlfriend, and some dude kicked my ass." Enough with putting your shitty blog to 'music' that consists of one repeated chord on your guitar!

I hate music that I can't at least pretend has a deeper meaning. :LOL:

(all lyrics property of my collegue who's reading over my shoulder...)

Besides, without "reading too much into stuff" society as we know it wouldn't exist. It is literally the foundation of human advancement. :LOL:

That said, I've only listened to the entire album once. Save Me twice, IS twice (missed the heartbeat the first time,) and Follow Me about 30 times.

So you hate the whole new album? I can't think of many lines in the music that are not completely elementary one syllable rhymes. There is no context to the words, just talking. The lines used to be clever and make you think, now they are just predictable. First run through the album I could guess the next line after hearing the first.

So you hate the whole new album? I can't think of many lines in the music that are not completely elementary one syllable rhymes. There is no context to the words, just talking. The lines used to be clever and make you think, now they are just predictable. First run through the album I could guess the next line after hearing the first.

I have an good answer for this, I really do... but I don't want to get sucked down the drain, here.

Short version: There's a difference between saying something, and saying something well. "Simple" doesn't mean "bad."

I want songs that are inbetween "I need a literary degree to interpret this" and what some dumb kid Tweeted to his "bros."

Other than Survival, this album is fine.

I have an good answer for this, I really do... but I don't want to get sucked down the drain, here.

Short version: There's a difference between saying something, and saying something well. "Simple" doesn't mean "bad."

I want songs that are inbetween "I need a literary degree to interpret this" and what some dumb kid Tweeted to his "bros."

Other than Survival, this album is fine.

Yeah, I dont know about that. Follow me is just disgusting. I don't get the quivery thing he does with his voice all the time trying to hit low notes. I can't find much in these lyrics that make them anything other than elementary. This band has changed for the worse. This album makes TR look like Absolution. Even the song names suck. I just don't see any effort in this album. It's like one big guiding light, hell explorers is guiding light.

Archived