I thought you were going to bed?! :mad:

Be quiet, Aural person. I don't agree with what you are saying.

/on topic.

JK. Say what you want. :awesome:

LOL I'm just really sad, geez.......I was looking forward to the new tour since the moment they closed Reading and now I am not even sure I would attend another gig unless it was 10 year absolution. :(

But you still put in the order, despite not liking the direction they've taken......which has been going on for the last three albums.

Can't one hope? I've enjoyed the albums less and less but songs like MKU and US make me think that they can still make music I enjoy. I was so excited for the new album I was willing to go all in, and then I got a sign.

Aurally Stimulated didn't expect Muse's new album to be full of obvious influences from what they were listening to at the time, bad lyrics and a collection of every genre they could think of.

Please, you can tell us. There's no need to lie, we KNOW you became a fan just yesterday.

Can't one hope? I've enjoyed the albums less and less but songs like MKU and US make me think that they can still make music I enjoy. I was so excited for the new album I was willing to go all in, and then I got a sign.

Why would you be excited for the new album if you only really enjoyed MKU and US from the previous album? Two songs that Muse don't even seem to like that much.

LOL I'm just really sad, geez.......I was looking forward to the new tour since the moment they closed Reading and now I am not even sure I would attend another gig unless it was 10 year absolution. :(

I was only joking. I said that to keep on topic because I actually wanted to shout at Dore for lying to me. :mad::phu:

You really shouldn't talk about KHud etc though, tsk tsk. You'll get in trouble. I would love to see Muse perform Abso in full. I think my face would melt off.

I'm assuming you haven't read any of the song descriptions prior to hearing it, because if you had, you would've known that this album was going to be all over the place in the same way that BHaR and TR were.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Kate and Twilight ruined Muse though.

I can get blaming Kate even though it's nonsense, but Twilight? How does that even make sense.

Muse allowed two of their songs to be on the soundtrack, and recorded a third one specifically for the movie, and it didn't affect any album since it was a standalone track. Or do you think every Muse song after that was written with the purpose of maybe being on the next Twilight soundtrack?

From what I hear Muse don't even like Twilight.

Why would you be excited for the new album if you only really enjoyed MKU and US from the previous album? Two songs that Muse don't even seem to like that much.

Those were my 2 favorite but I enjoyed Uprising, USOE, and the symphony. UD, GL, IBTY were just :stunned:

I know it's always different with them, for example, first time I heard smbh i about shit myself, not in a good way. BHR was an excellent album in so many ways, especially having to follow absolution. The weak songs on BHR are far superior to any of the songs on the new album.

In the end, maybe it will grow on me. As I said before SMBH almost killed muse for me but now I actually enjoy that song. We are only getting older and apparently growing apart hahaha

I'm assuming you haven't read any of the song descriptions prior to hearing it, because if you had, you would've known that this album was going to be all over the place in the same way that BHaR and TR were.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Kate and Twilight ruined Muse though.

I knew it was going to be different, thats what they do. When I heard unsustainable I got really really worried.

I don't think they ruined muse Im just messing around. why so serious? you guys are cracking me up on this

I can get blaming Kate even though it's nonsense, but Twilight? How does that even make sense.

Muse allowed two of their songs to be on the soundtrack, and recorded a third one specifically for the movie, and it didn't affect any album since it was a standalone track. Or do you think every Muse song after that was written with the purpose of maybe being on the next Twilight soundtrack?

From what I hear Muse don't even like Twilight.

The blaming Kate thing was a topic when they first got together because she allegedly ruined the black crowes, big deal. I saw comments all over about what people thought would happen. I just google searched it and someone has even created a fb page regarding the topic. I don't understand why people think it's such a big deal though to even mention it.

The blaming Kate thing was a topic when they first got together because she allegedly ruined the black crowes, big deal. I saw comments all over about what people thought would happen. I just google searched it and someone has even created a fb page regarding the topic. I don't understand why people think it's such a big deal though to even mention it.

Because around these parts we're allergic to bullshit.

"Wow, I really said a lot of stupid shit today. I should pretend that I'm just joking around!"

Have you not heard anyone make these references before? Anyone I know who listens or knows who muse is, always says something about those 2 things regarding this band. I think it's funny. You say dont talk about their personal lives but that's what music is normally about. So if their personal lives have changed, why could it not affect the music? I can't prove if it has or has not but chances are it has and I will mention it and you can take what you want from it. Either way :LOL:

Have you not heard anyone make these references before? Anyone I know who listens or knows who muse is, always says something about those 2 things regarding this band. I think it's funny. You say dont talk about their personal lives but that's what music is normally about. So if their personal lives have changed, why could it not affect the music? I can't prove if it has or has not but chances are it has and I will mention it and you can take what you want from it. Either way :LOL:

But stylistically this album is no different from TR, and to some extent BH&R. So I don't get how it could have anything to do with Kate...

And if this is the case, does it mean that Matt's previous girlfriends get the credit for OoS and Absolution?

Archived