I thought IS was brilliant when I heard it, and I still feel that way. I just almost never feel the urge to listen to it...

Which I know is super confusing.

Nah, I feel the same. In fact, I feel like that for all of the songs I like off T2L, which is kinda weird.

The last three pages just made me chuckle out loud, I love you bitches

AND FFS WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE explorers it's so cute

because he said "there's going to be a lullaby on the next album" and it's a lullaby about running out of space on earth. its just a stupid joke it seems

I love The Resistance.

Me too, it's the album that got me into Muse

The last three pages just made me chuckle out loud, I love you bitches

AND FFS WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE explorers it's so cute

I don't "hate" it, just find it incredibly boring, although I listen to it from time to time

I still like The 2nd Law, some great song here and there. It's just that it sounds soulless to me, it mostly lacks that Muse side of the game which is pretty strong on Drones.

But I prefer it to The Resistance anyway, The Resistance is so boring and it has the only Muse song I really dislike, which is Resistance (as I already said).

because he said "there's going to be a lullaby on the next album" and it's a lullaby about running out of space on earth. its just a stupid joke it seems

How is the idea of overpopulation, or corporations buying up every inch of available land (I'm pretty sure I heard the moon is being pieced out now...) a "stupid joke?"

Put that together with the lullaby nature, and it's a song about fearing for what kind of piece of shit world your kid is going to have to grow up in.

I think it's pretty, and sad.

(...or: why can't people not like something without the thing they dislike being a "joke" or inherently flawed/shit in some way? Is there some fear if you don't like something someone else does, and that something isn't shit, that other person "wins" or something...? I'm confused.)

How is the idea of overpopulation, or corporations buying up every inch of available land (I'm pretty sure I heard the moon is being pieced out now...) a "stupid joke?"

Put that together with the lullaby nature, and it's a song about fearing for what kind of piece of shit world your kid is going to have to grow up in.

(...or: why can't people not like something without the thing they dislike being a "joke" or inherently flawed/shit in some way? Is there some fear if you don't like something someone else does, and that something isn't shit, that other person "wins" or something...? I'm confused.)

Yes, that's basically it, Serpent.

:LOL: and +1

On the Explorers topic, I think it's too much to call its theme a "joke". You can dislike it, but that doesn't make it a joke.

I still think it was too dull live, at least in arenas, as I haven't seen it in stadiums

I am sure that there are a lot of The Resistance's fans over here. I am one of them.:LOL:

Yes, look at that new thread of The Resistance's fans :LOL:

Thank you. Yes, that's what it often feels like here. :p

I didn't say the idea behind it was a stupid joke. to try to put a song about it, phrased, sung, and executed as it was, i think, seems like a stupid joke.

to address what was said in parentheses, no. i said i thought it was a stupid joke, youre thinking too much about my meaning behind it.

edit: "and save our crops from drought" "fuse helium-3 our last hope" "go to sleep" the execution of this is so horrible to me.

Archived