I still love the whole album, tbh.

I first heard the album whilst playing Fallout3 on my 360, and now I kind of associate the songs with that game a bit. Don't ask me how exactly, as it's just how my head works :LOL:

On a similar note, first heard 'Drones' (whole album) while replaying 'F3' again....... :)

This musical association thing happens to me so much. :LOL:

I still love the whole album, tbh.

I first heard the album whilst playing Fallout3 on my 360, and now I kind of associate the songs with that game a bit. Don't ask me how exactly, as it's just how my head works :LOL:

On a similar note, first heard 'Drones' (whole album) while replaying 'F3' again....... :)

Not related to T2L... but I first listened to Drones with the girl who's now my girlfriend :happy: I'll probably always associate the album with her, for better or for worse :LOL:

Explorers is a lot better than Aftermath, defector and Revolt anyway and Survival, MK Ultra, UsE, Exogenesis, Supremacy, Panic Station, Resistance, Unsustainable, Isolated System and Animals are all amongst the best songs from the past 3 albums.

fixed it for you

• 4 weeks later...
does anyone notice how matt sings the "I need your love" part during madness?

it's different, not as good as the way he used to sing it, can someone with a good music background explain why?

Uh, they're both falsetto now? On the T2L Tour, he started off doing both the A4s (already transposed down from Bb4) but then shifted to doing the second one in falsetto iirc. Now, from what I've seen, he does it to 'em both.

I really liked the album when it came out, minus the Chris songs. When I listen to it now, I still find the songs good, but I don't usually get the urge to listen to them. I thought maybe I massively overplayed it at the time, but it hasn't gotten better over time.

Honestly, I was really let down by most of the songs live, and I think that started the decline for me. They really didn't grab me at all, and I found myself sort of bored with them and hoping something better would be next.

I enjoyed songs like Starlight, which I'd been bored of on album for ages, a ton more live.

I think that lowered my regard of the album a bit, even though as I said, when I listen to it, I feel like they're still good songs.

Probably why Supremacy being back gets me down.

I would assume because it's really difficult and he's noticably struggling so far this tour.

It does sound crappy though and takes away th payoff of an already overlong and somewhat boring song.

Uh, they're both falsetto now? On the T2L Tour, he started off doing both the A4s (already transposed down from Bb4) but then shifted to doing the second one in falsetto iirc. Now, from what I've seen, he does it to 'em both.

The first time they played it (or the first time we wouldve seen it live Im pretty sure) on that TV show..Skavlan i think it was called? I always considered that the best version of Madness because of how he full voice yelled both of the I Need Your Love parts...and literally never did it like that again

The first time they played it (or the first time we wouldve seen it live Im pretty sure) on that TV show..Skavlan i think it was called? I always considered that the best version of Madness because of how he full voice yelled both of the I Need Your Love parts...and literally never did it like that again
he did do it again though.

he did do it again though.

He didn't do it often, and I thought that was okay. Not doing either robs the song of it's reason for existing.

Did He do it again exactly like that though, really? I've never seen a video of him doing that part with zero falsetto, but maybe i haven't really searched enough for it. And Yeah i don't think him doing it falsetto robs it of its reason for existing or anything I just thought that was the best way he ever did it and never saw him do it like that again...Madness from this year is a even worse than say from the Rome Dvd, which isnt even bad i just prefer the full voice

Did He do it again exactly like that though, really? I've never seen a video of him doing that part with zero falsetto, but maybe i haven't really searched enough for it. And Yeah i don't think him doing it falsetto robs it of its reason for existing or anything I just thought that was the best way he ever did it and never saw him do it like that again...Madness from this year is a even worse than say from the Rome Dvd, which isnt even bad i just prefer the full voice

Hey nice you're on it, the weird part is i've definitely watched these before and didn't remember him doing it that way, or atleast the Jools version. For some reason I like the Skavlan version the best so maybe i just cancelled out the rest in my mind lol

• 2 weeks later...
I love this album so much & I like to assume that some people hate it because it's so different not because it's bad

horse shit. The Globalist, DI, MoTP, Resistance, TaB, Exogenesis are all pretty "different" and I love them. Imo, 2nd Law is just crap. There's "different", then there's "tuneless drivel". Save Me and Explorers aren't "different" at all, they're just boring, plain and simple. Follow Me is different, yes, but merely annoying. Easily is different in a similar kind of way to Follow Me, and I love that track. Liquid State isn't "different" at all, it's just boring. Unsustainable is "different" but also "unremarkable", as is Panic Station. Just imo of course, but I'm sure you get my stance by now :)

horse shit. The Globalist, DI, MoTP, Resistance, TaB, Exogenesis are all pretty "different" and I love them. Imo, 2nd Law is just crap. There's "different", then there's "tuneless drivel". Save Me and Explorers aren't "different" at all, they're just boring, plain and simple. Follow Me is different, yes, but merely annoying. Easily is different in a similar kind of way to Follow Me, and I love that track. Liquid State isn't "different" at all, it's just boring. Unsustainable is "different" but also "unremarkable", as is Panic Station. Just imo of course, but I'm sure you get my stance by now :)

dear lord i wasn't ready for a long post u really hate the album so much

supremacy, survival, madness, PC, animals, follow me, unsustainable are all amazing to me

the others are ok

dear lord i wasn't ready for a long post u really hate the album so much

supremacy, survival, madness, PC, animals, follow me, unsustainable are all amazing to me

the others are ok

Don't worry I'm with you. Besides I would rather listen to Big Freeze then Resistance.

I'll take The 2nd Law over The Resistance any day of the week!

Archived