Why they chose to put Unsustainable before Isolated System I don't know. Doesn't flow at all

That and the fact that Unsustainable still doesn't sound like a finished piece, like something's missing. Hoping it will behuge live though

I think in any case Isolated System should be at the end of the album because it seems so final. I'm too dazed to listen another song after it anyway.

I think in any case Isolated System should be at the end of the album because it seems so final. I'm too dazed to listen another song after it anyway.

True. It closes this album much the same way Ruled By Secrecy closes Absolution.

...in fact, there are a few similarities between the two. Don't you think?

True. It closes this album much the same way Ruled By Secrecy closes Absolution.

...in fact, there are a few similarities between the two. Don't you think?

Slow repetitive piano theme, builds to something larger, ends on a smaller note, I think I can hear the shepard tone at the end too.

bahahahahahahaha

And yes, CD sales are absolute crap now.

iTunes is crushing everything. Don't they count that now, though?

You blame iTunes for the decrease in cd sales? Lol.

Edit: this came across harsher than was meant

Still think it is a bit fucked up having bings heartbeat in Isolated system...

Also Fabri follow me is still awful :LOL:

Do we know that it's Bing's heartbeat? :erm: Could be any heartbeat. Has anyone checked?

Also Isolated System is open to interpretation so even if it seems strange, can't really say it's fucked up unless we know the intention of including it, what it is meant to symbolise.

I would guess that most probably it isn't fucked up since Matt doesn't seem a fucked up kind of guy, particularly concerning Bing. He comes over as a lovely dad.

And I think Follow Me is great. :happy:

There is a definate difference between the sounds of a fetal heartbeat heard with a doppler vs. an adult heartbeat heard with a stethascope, so yeah, it follows that it's probably Bing's heartbeat.

I don't think it's fucked up to address and artistically portray the idea that things die out, that energy atrophies. Tha'ts the inspiration for the album, no? I like the hearbeat. It's symbolic. It doesn't mean he's sitting there thinking about his son dying. I quite like that there is some attempt at consistent imagery and bits of the initial concept for the title of the album amongst the songs.

And Follow Me does NOT suck. Is it exactly like Muse 10 years ago? NO. That's a good thing, imo. Because if a band sticks with the same thing over and over again, it well, atrophies. Let's not pretend there were not signs and hints of pop and electronic effects in previous albums. We all knew Muse had this kind of thing in them...I quite like their version of it frankly. There are at least 5 solid tracks that have heavy live potential. That's nothing to scoff at.

There is a definate difference between the sounds of a fetal heartbeat heard with a doppler vs. an adult heartbeat heard with a stethascope, so yeah, it follows that it's probably Bing's heartbeat.

"It doesn't sound like an adult. It must be Bing."

And Follow Me does NOT suck. Is it exactly like Muse 10 years ago? NO. That's a good thing, imo. Because if a band sticks with the same thing over and over again, it well, atrophies. Let's not pretend there were not signs and hints of pop and electronic effects in previous albums. We all knew Muse had this kind of thing in them...I quite like their version of it frankly. There are at least 5 solid tracks that have heavy live potential. That's nothing to scoff at.

Yes, it's new, so fuck anyone who doesn't like it.

But it proves that you do care to some extent :confused:

Not really, it's just that we had an "argument" about him posting how he disliked Follow Me 10 times in 15 minutes in 10 different threads

Checking it right now.

Nope, it's not Bing. My heartbeat detector tells me it's from a child in Paris called André.

:LOL:

Surname?

Archived