I was at a bus when the video went online, tried to keep a straight face while watching it on my mobile phone and you know, it's just perfect and everything. I imagined something like this and my wildest fantasies came true :LOL:

Your wildest fantasies sies sies.

Really? That's cool :D Although who would rather be an octopus when you can be a T-Rex?

Matt seemed to like the octopus better. :eyebrows:

Ok, I sympathized with the people getting offended because of the flag. After all it did represent some pretty harsh history. But the fact the band is still being called nazi supporters and unforgivable is fucking ridiculous.

I think it absolutely shocking that people can't understand that something could, just fucking maybe, be an honest MISTAKE.

I'm pretty against calling strangers idiots... so I'd like to believe there's no way people actually can't comprehend how easy this mistake was to make. Like I said, the image is used all over the place in the US even, in completely non-offensive ways. I would never have known to even START to think it could be problematic.

People reported the offensive image, the band apologized and removed it, and life should have moved on...

I feel like the people that are continuing to bitch are doing so just to cause trouble, or get attention.

No one show that to my boyfriend... he's already obsessed with Japan... :erm:

and get molested by an octopus.

This is my entire perception of Japan. :stunned:

(that's a joke, btw - although I do mentally associate Japan with anime girls and octopi, thanks to all my male friends being pervs.)

Well it's a bit different cause video games/movies featuring swastikas do so for historical accuracy.

Well yeah but essentially it's another example of presence of a hated symbol/ideology in art for a reason other than reprsenting the artist's actual beliefs: in movies/games etc it's done as you said for historical accuracy, in the video's case there's no actual reason, it was just used as a cool design. There's no excuse to hating the artists and associating them with nazism or whatever just because they included the symbol in either case, and any case like this...

Ah, the charms of the rubber octopus ;)

Ah, the charms of the rubber octopus ;)

So young and so... :noey:

So middle-aged and so... oh well I can kinda understand it :yesey:

:LOL:

Laughing at your own avatar :noey:

I feel like the people that are continuing to bitch are doing so just to cause trouble, or get attention.

Most of it is trolling anyway.

This is my entire perception of Japan. :stunned:

(that's a joke, btw - although I do mentally associate Japan with anime girls and octopi, thanks to all my male friends being pervs.)

Add some music and giant scary fucking wasps and that's about all I take from it mentally.

So middle-aged and so... oh well I can kinda understand it :yesey:

Most of it is trolling anyway.

I so want to say 35 isn't middle aged... but it so is. :'(

There's got to be a line between trolling, and attacking... somewhere...

Add some music and giant scary fucking wasps and that's about all I take from it mentally.

I was cornered by giant wasps in an elevator in Texas. Giant insects always remind me of the south. :LOL:

Tentacles. :'(

Pretty much this. :supersad:

That one gif is going to give me nightmares.

Fuck on a stick, I hate bees...

(I think they were about 2 inches long in TX... I didn't take a picture, hoping they didn't notice me. There were about 12 of them.)

edit: http://forsyth.ces.ncsu.edu/cicada-killer/

Fuck. Time to add Texas on my list of places to avoid due to giant wasps.

Although reading the article it says Cicada-killers are generally harmless. The Asian Giant Wasp has a 6mm long stinger, can fly 40km/h and chase you non-stop over 100km, and can shoot venom in your eyes that will blind you and attract other wasps :stunned:

Archived