I liked the video it was fun and oh so colorful. Of course the flag was an honest mistake but people do have a right to be offended and people saying they are butthurt about not liking that it was shown in the video can go fuck yourself. That flag represents a dark time and it's understandable why many would be simply angered by seeing it. But I know for a fact when making this video they were unaware of the history so you can't be mad at muse, but you can call out the ignorance of whoever decided to put it in the video. It was an innocent mistake but people need to understand why many are offended by it. Don't brush it off to being "butthurt".

Uhm... You wouldn't because you or your family was probably never hurt by any of those political systems so it's really not up to you to decide whether or not using that symbol was okay, but I completely understand the Asian fans who are mad about this.

yes. people have no right to tell those who went through the hell that was the Japanese occupation how to feel about and react to the symbol.

and on the current usage of the rising sun flag- I only know for sure that there's still a lot of anti-Japanese sentiment in China and Korea due to the scars left by the occupation. it's not like the usage of that symbol is totally fine now. I didn't know the rising sun flag was offensive either but at least have some respect for people who do find it offensive for legitimate reasons. having grandparents and friends whose families went through the occupation, I'm just very disappointed to read all these comments. I'm sure Muse and co. were just ignorant but it's good that they've apologised and owned up to their mistake.

sorry to bring that up again, I just felt like I had to say something after going back, reading some comments and seeing some lingering questions. hope most fans understand now.

and about the video, it's not a favorite of mine, but better than Supremacy I guess. :erm:

Ok, I sympathized with the people getting offended because of the flag. After all it did represent some pretty harsh history. But the fact the band is still being called nazi supporters and unforgivable is fucking ridiculous.

Is this for real??? This is ridiculous! Oh ok, so in that term video games or movies that depict say the swastica are made by nazis? Same logic! Even more stupid than this, since no one in muse actually supported any of this, it was an honest mistake... Ok I get it if they were offended but the band already recognized it as a mistake and fixed it, how can they call them these things?

On another note, Morgan in wig and glasses = Edna Mode from the incredibles

The-Incredibles-the-incredibles-620941_1024_768.jpg

Well you know, the rising sun looked cooler with the landscape.

It did. Sad that it's an offensive flag.

Question to those offended by it: would it have been all right in your opinion to use the basic image but in different colours, like only a yellow sun with yellow rays, no background added?

After all, that is what every kid will paint when thinking of a rising sun...a yellow blob with yellow rays. Or going towards orange/red if they already know the sun has a different colour directly on the horizon.

On another note, Morgan in wig and glasses = Edna Mode from the incredibles

Nah, Morgan=Hetty the boss, from Criminal Minds Team Red! :LOL:

Is this for real??? This is ridiculous! Oh ok, so in that term video games or movies that depict say the swastica are made by nazis? Same logic! Even more stupid than this, since no one in muse actually supported any of this, it was an honest mistake... Ok I get it if they were offended but the band already recognized it as a mistake and fixed it, how can they call them these things?

Well it's a bit different cause video games/movies featuring swastikas do so for historical accuracy.

:LOL: did Morgan shave his legs

You can't wear something like that and not shave your legs.

yes. people have no right to tell those who went through the hell that was the Japanese occupation how to feel about and react to the symbol.

and on the current usage of the rising sun flag- I only know for sure that there's still a lot of anti-Japanese sentiment in China and Korea due to the scars left by the occupation.

Not only Asian people were occupied by the Japanese :)

Archived