I thought a lot about swearing. the f word in particular. why do we think it's inappropriate in the first place? I mean, it's just a word... it's made up of 4 letters, an "f", a "u", a "c" and a "k". so what's to hate in it or be offended by? also, it's an acronym/abbreviation for "fornicate under consent of the king" dating back to the middle ages, when iirc there was this special blessing-from-the-king thing required for noble families before they could get into baby making business (sort of). this way, the word "fuck" marks a completely natural part of life so why do we feel offended when we hear it? perhaps it's just the pressure of society and our environment in general: "if everyone else thinks it's bad, then it must be bad". kinda interesting if you think about it.

ooh, and panic station is awesome:awesome:

Well that was the most pointless read ever

It's the second f-bomb Muse have dropped in their whole career. As someone who frequently listens to "Surfacing" by Slipknot, I'm not too bothered by it.

The Fruscianteisms are pretty damn strong, but what strikes me most is the solo- reminds me of the first RatM album where Morello threw out old-school shredding solos and wasn't just hammering away on his whammy bar the whole time. Loving the song :)

Ohh, thank you for posting this! This is the first time I properly heard the eight in "five six seven eight minus nine lives" :$ In my defense, english is not my first language :D

After listening to the album a billion times, I changed my mind about my favorite song in it. It has to be Panic Station! It always cheers me up and make me feel like dancing (and this isn't like me at all)

It's the second f-bomb Muse have dropped in their whole career. As someone who frequently listens to "Surfacing" by Slipknot, I'm not too bothered by it.

http://www.musewiki.org/Who_Knows_Who_(song) (debatable since the lyrics aren't by Muse, but it's still a Muse song.)

SR7B-XjPNV0

Fv_ko47ThDk

But yeah, I'm not bothered by it either. Just another lyric.

[QUOTE=jessbnd;9847671]Ohh, thank you for posting this! This is the first time I properly heard the eight in "five six seven eight minus nine lives" :$ In my defense, english is not my first language :D

After listening to the album a billion times, I changed my mind about my favorite song in it. It has to be Panic Station! It always cheers me up and make me feel like dancing (and this isn't like me at all)

I give up with eight minus nine...... I cant sing along with that, for me its just to seven minus nine lives :p

http://www.musewiki.org/Who_Knows_Who_(song) (debatable since the lyrics aren't by Muse, but it's still a Muse song.)

But yeah, I'm not bothered by it either. Just another lyric.

To be honest I hadn't thought of Who Knows Who. And somehow "You Fruiting Melon-farmer" (Kermodeisms deployed to avoid saying naughty words) had utterly slipped my mind.

To be honest I hadn't thought of Who Knows Who. And somehow "You Fruiting Melon-farmer" (Kermodeisms deployed to avoid saying naughty words) had utterly slipped my mind.

:LOL:

I'm not at all bothered by the lyric, but I'm wondering if this is what Matt was referring to when he was talking about singing like an "arrogant rock star." It kind of seems like something 20-something Matt would sing, not "34 year old responsible dad Matt". It's just weird he went this long without cursing on any of the popular songs, so why start now... *shrug*

I wonder if Kate covered Ryder's ears at the Paris gig. :chuckle:

They really messed up the tracklist ...

you shouldn't be surprised. TaB--->Starlight---->SMBH---->MOtP--->Soldier's Poem isn't much better.

well, not that it matters, anyway. I've never ever listened to a Muse album in order. (except for the first listen of T2L)

Archived