My kids and I dance in the car to this song on the way home from school. It's hysterical! They all learned to insert a guitar twang for the F bomb since it's not allowed in our house! :LOL:

Probably my favorite Muse song right now.

Normally I'd say not cursing is no fun but in that case it might be...

I know, right? :D I was trying to figure out what the box was that she was shaking but I just couldn't keep watching it, it was so awesomely bad...

She must have been taking something good. :LOL:

:LOL: Not that it's much better than the fan made ones, but it's interesting to see it being used already on TV.

Surprised anyone cares at all about the swearing on here.

This forum has so much of it, and specifically that word, lol.

I think it's just us with kids that 'worry' about the F word. I know my kids swear SO much when I'm not around but wouldn't dare in front of me - even when singing. I won't even say that word readily, but I do when I'm really pissed off!

I think this song is so much fun, it makes me literally LOL :LOL: especially the bits in the third verse - 'unleash your heart and soul, SOUL! Start taking some control, TROL! Bloody perfect!!

I thought a lot about swearing. the f word in particular. why do we think it's inappropriate in the first place? I mean, it's just a word... it's made up of 4 letters, an "f", a "u", a "c" and a "k". so what's to hate in it or be offended by? also, it's an acronym/abbreviation for "fornicate under consent of the king" dating back to the middle ages, when iirc there was this special blessing-from-the-king thing required for noble families before they could get into baby making business (sort of). this way, the word "fuck" marks a completely natural part of life so why do we feel offended when we hear it? perhaps it's just the pressure of society and our environment in general: "if everyone else thinks it's bad, then it must be bad". kinda interesting if you think about it.

ooh, and panic station is awesome:awesome:

I thought a lot about swearing. the f word in particular. why do we think it's inappropriate in the first place? I mean, it's just a word... it's made up of 4 letters, an "f", a "u", a "c" and a "k". so what's to hate in it or be offended by? also, it's an acronym/abbreviation for "fornicate under consent of the king" dating back to the middle ages, when iirc there was this special blessing-from-the-king thing required for noble families before they could get into baby making business (sort of). this way, the word "fuck" marks a completely natural part of life so why do we feel offended when we hear it? perhaps it's just the pressure of society and our environment in general: "if everyone else thinks it's bad, then it must be bad". kinda interesting if you think about it.

ooh, and panic station is awesome:awesome:

If it's just a word, then I guess it's fair to say anything. It's just words anyway.

...or maybe there's actually more to words than just letters. Like...you know...meaning. Cunt, twat, dick, fuck, gay etc are all "natural parts of life", but the bad vibes the words give come from the intention of which they are often said. Not really that complicated or much to think about. If something is said in a derogatory way enough times, the word will be considered derogatory.

Archived