Really....It's the new music video for Panic Station:

We Care A Lot!

I have been a fan of Muse for years. These last two albums have made me feel like it's one giant joke on all the fans who used to really respect and love them for their originality. Now this song sounds like a rip off of Faith No More and a little bit of Franz Ferdinand in there. It's an awkward mix and such a disappointment. I'm quite saddened by how devoted I was and tried fighting against the inevitable change. But, now I can't respect them much because of the blatant unoriginal songwriting. This used to be their strongest point!

Really....It's the new music video for Panic Station:

We Care A Lot!

I have been a fan of Muse for years. These last two albums have made me feel like it's one giant joke on all the fans who used to really respect and love them for their originality. Now this song sounds like a rip off of Faith No More and a little bit of Franz Ferdinand in there. It's an awkward mix and such a disappointment. I'm quite saddened by how devoted I was and tried fighting against the inevitable change. But, now I can't respect them much because of the blatant unoriginal songwriting. This used to be their strongest point!

ehhh what was original about their songwriting?!

oh well, farewell then^^ panic station is soooo good, its unbeliavable, it gets its greatness of the soul matt puts in the vocals^^

ehhh what was original about their songwriting?!

oh well, farewell then^^ panic station is soooo good, its unbeliavable, it gets its greatness of the soul matt puts in the vocals^^

erm, I don't really need to answer that if you just go back and listen to Absolution. Anywho, yep. Panic Station is SOOOO good thanks to Faith No More.

So it uses a similar guitar tone = same song.

I see.

guitar? It's a bass. deerrrrrrr. Let's see, same note, slapping, and funk. Did I say same song? nope. I said that it sounds like Faith No More had more influence in this song. Lemme guess, you liked the Twilight stuff too?

i just thought of something:

"Stand up and deliver

Your wildest fantasy

Do what the fuck you want to

There’s no one to appease"

I think this might actually be about Matt writing this song. this is indeed a pretty wild fantasy, I mean, something totally unconventional for Muse, even after SMBH. iirc back in the 90's they said the only musical style they never wanted to touch was funky, so yeah, it is pretty wild.

also, Matt didn't really care what the reception might be, so the two last lines above might just be about this, expressing he doesn't make music to please the audience. plus, it's even emphasized with swearing which he never did on an album track before.

just speculation tho;)

i just thought of something:

"Stand up and deliver

Your wildest fantasy

Do what the fuck you want to

There’s no one to appease"

I think this might actually be about Matt writing this song. this is indeed a pretty wild fantasy, I mean, something totally unconventional for Muse, even after SMBH. iirc back in the 90's they said the only musical style they never wanted to touch was funky, so yeah, it is pretty wild.

also, Matt didn't really care what the reception might be, so the two last lines above might just be about this, expressing he doesn't make music to please the audience. plus, it's even emphasized with swearing which he never did on an album track before.

just speculation tho;)

Yes I agree :yesey: will ask about it tomorrow night #askmuse not that they will answer :rolleyes:

If this isn't a single, it's a big mistake.

I can totally see this get a lot of airplay on the radio. More than Madness and Follow Me with that sinister beginning.

I think there's no doubt that this will be a single (isn't it confirmed?). It's not the kind of thing you'd usually hear on mainstream radio but it's super catchy, I can see it getting stuck in people's heads (hell, it's been stuck in mine since I heard the live version for the first time).

Archived