The melody/harmony through the middle (+and the verses) keeps reminding me of something beyond Muse and I have no idea what. Really starting to bug me.

Seriously, any ideas? It's driving me up the wall. All I know that it's in A minor and that I've heard something thematically very similar before. Maybe it's a weak BHAR vibe? I do get a tinge of Spanish guitar about it, but I swear it's stronger than that, and I'm not confident enough about my knowledge of Spanish guitar music to actually say that it's actually similar...

I'm really looking forward to hearing how the strings work on this, the contrast between them and the hammering riffs could be quite something.

Seriously, I know that everyone will focus on the riff and the falsetto and fair enough too, but that little bridge where he plays the main melody after the first Supremacyyyyyyyyy is wonderful.

EDIT: Ah, now I know why this sounds so familiar. Dark Shines, but much better. That melody just sings.

This is so great, oh my god.

I'd put it up there with OoS/Abso stuff in terms of my favorite songs. Better than Knights, not better than CE, and definitely not better than SS*.

*Stockholm Syndrome is my favorite song of all-time.

Imagine, though: Hysteria, Prelude, Survival, Unsustainable, Madness, Plug in Baby, Panic Station, Follow Me, Save Me, Liquid State, Stockholm Syndrome, Citizen Erased, and Supremacy. With some others thrown in, that is a KICK-ASS setlist.

SOOOO pumped for the tour.

Sick song. The riff... it's so fucking badass. And the strings... And Matt's vocals... The overall attitude... I mean... As for me, goes right next to Megalomania, New Born, CE, B&H, KoC etc. Perhaps even tops all of them (careful with this, though).. Anyways, one of the best ma'am, one of the best.

Yeah exactly so why hide it if he was capable back then? (which we know now he was). Just adds more evidence to the theory I've held since Uprising premiered on Zane Lowe as well as the entire release of TR.

Wait, what theory?

And he hid it because if he would have it in the lead vocals, he would be expected to sing it live? :erm: Which he obviously can't since it's an insane passage for him.

Don't know if anyone's got round to figuring out the lyrics yet. This is what I have so far:

Wake to see

True emancipation is a fantasy

Policies have risen up

And overcome the brave

???

Silent and invisible to history

???

Brainwashing our children

To be ???

You don't have long

I am on to you

The time it has come

To destroy....

Your SUPREMACY!

Oooooaaaaaoooohhhh

muuuhhhhuuuhhhhh

You don't have long

I am on to you

The time is has come

To destroy...

Your SUPREMACYYYAAAAAAAJJJJJFJHKJL *epic riffage*

SUPREMACYAYAYAYAYA

OOOAAAAAHHH

Something like that anyway :chuckle:

Don't know if anyone's got round to figuring out the lyrics yet. This is what I have so far:

Wake to see

Policies have risen up

And overcome the brave

???

Silent and invisible to history

???

Brainwashing our children

To be ???

You don't have long

I am on to you

The time it has come

To destroy....

Your SUPREMACY!

Oooooaaaaaoooohhhh

muuuhhhhuuuhhhhh

You don't have long

I am on to you

The time is has come

To destroy...

Your SUPREMACYYYAAAAAAAJJJJJFJHKJL *epic riffage*

SUPREMACYAYAYAYAYA

OOOAAAAAHHH

Something like that anyway :chuckle:

I think the beginning definitely goes something like:

Wake to see

Prophecies have risen up

And overcome the greed

The song's not really THAT great imo. Still very good, yes, but it's just one song. I mean, some people seem to instantly act like it's the best song they've done since Absolution era.

I mean it's definitely up there. Knights, Hoodoo, Exogenesis, MotP, and Take a Bow. I'd say it's better than all of those. Not by much, but still better. Fucking rocks my socks off.

I think it's way too early to start comparing it to other songs. People's opinions are gonna chance a lot during the next month. Takes a long time before it settles down and you know it well enough to say that it's better than X song.

(Obviously you can like it more than any other Muse song atm, but it probably chance as soon as you get to know it better)

I think the beginning definitely goes something like:

Wake to see

Prophecies have risen up

And overcome the greed

Pretty sure he has it right above you. I posted almost the same thing in the main discussion thread. Except I heard "his soul" instead of "history" but history is probably right. Everything else me and him matched on. If you didn't know theres a better video of it where you can make out these lyrics. Got posted real late after the other first good quality video.

Archived