Anyone else think this would make a great addition to latest Bond movie soundtrack?;)

Yeah, it gets a little Bond-y at the end... ;)

LOVE this song! My favorite on the album, and restores my faith in Muse that they still have 'it' in them somewhere even though they have taken the time to write other more cheesy and lame songs..

The album kicks off with Supremacy, a huge-riffed rock outing that wouldn't be out of place at the start of a Bond movie. Had Muse, perhaps, submitted the track for 007's latest adventure, Skyfall?

Howard laughs off the idea. "It's got a little whisper to the Bond vibe - it all goes a bit crazy Live and Let Die in the middle. My view is they should use it for the next James Bond film, but I don't know what's going on with that. I heard Adele was doing it!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19699744

I don't think you could count the number of times I've burst out laughing while listening to this song. It's just too epic. Well done, Muse.

Thank god I'm not alone. Every time I hear the intro I just do a half chuckle in amazement and shake my head at how fucking good it is.

Anyone else think this would make a great addition to latest Bond movie soundtrack?;)

Seriously, this is exactly what I thought when I started listening to it.

I was even thinking that Daniel Craig would announce this as the 'Skyfall' song on SNL when Muse performs.

However, it seems like Adele has the Bond song.

If this is not the new Bond Song for Skyfall...I will be SOOOO disappointed.

The moment I heard it I knew this was surefire Bond material. Too bad Adele got the nod.:rolleyes: It has 007 running all through it. I've been touting Muse for a Bond theme for years and if ever there was one, this is (was) it.

The chances of a (by then) old track being used for the next Bond movie are slim to none but Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson could do worse than to break that "rule".

Bond tracks are never album tracks though, are they? They're always made specifically for the film and stay as singles, I think (could be wrong).

Actually, Chris Cornell broke that mould by insisting that "You Know My Name" be withheld from the soundtrack album and appear on his own album "Carry On". It's since appeared on the 2008 Bond compilation album.

Really, now can this not be the new Bond song? It's got all of the elements, up to the Bond theme in the background and a release date perfectly in time for the film's big promo campaign. None of the Adele rumours have officially been confirmed (by her or the film's producers - all articles 'confirming' it cite some gossip site based on vague sources), so it could still be Muse who got the job (but are unable to reveal it yet). I think Craig and Muse both on SNL could very well be more than just a coincidence.

Really, now can this not be the new Bond song? It's got all of the elements, up to the Bond theme in the background and a release date perfectly in time for the film's big promo campaign. None of the Adele rumours have officially been confirmed (by her or the film's producers - all articles 'confirming' it cite some gossip site based on vague sources), so it could still be Muse who got the job (but are unable to reveal it yet). I think Craig and Muse both on SNL could very well be more than just a coincidence.

i really hope so.

well, "Bond Band" is sure as hell a lot better than "Twilight Band" :LOL:

Archived