In recent Electronic Musician (a lot of details about Muse in studio) there is exact part about "Bellamy's passionate vocal cry morphs into a screaming guitar solo". ;)

Nice read http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=87644

Is it talking about this song? cuz if so I think thats probably referring to the second verse where he solos with the wordless vocal hes got going on.

The resistance was good, very good, I love it, but it's so toned down in some ways that most muse fans couldn't take it and got scared

TR had a rock anthem slamming bankers, a quirky Vaudeville piano song with French opera in it, a massive piano song with Queen-like backing vocals, a fucking disgusting 80's stadium whatever song, an electronic R-n-B/pop song with slap bass, and a three-part symphony.

And it was still toned down?

TR had a rock anthem slamming bankers, a quirky Vaudeville piano song with French opera in it, a massive piano song with Queen-like backing vocals, a fucking disgusting 80's stadium whatever song, an electronic R-n-B/pop song with slap bass, and a three-part symphony.

And it was still toned down?

Toned down isn't the right term I don't think, bland is more fitting I think.

Everything was just a bit grey, even the excesses.

I don't think there was anything toned down or bland about TR. I love the album, tbh. It just didn't translate to the live gigs very well. And considering how Muse are such a live band, that had a major impact on people's perceptions of the songs.

Don't you just love the gesture Matt does with his hand at the end of the first crazy supremacyyy riff :awesome:

It's like 'there you are bitches. Thats what you wanted wasn't it? Don't ever doubt us again'

My God, this :LOL: I laughed at that part lololol!

Toned down isn't the right term I don't think, bland is more fitting I think.

Everything was just a bit grey, even the excesses.

Yeh this is more what I meant. It is a very nice album, a well structured, polished album. But there is nothing really on there that makes you go HELL YEAH like muse songs of old (and new :supremacy:)

Nonetheless I do love TR and wouldn't ever wish they hadn't done it :happy:

Guest bellamylookalike
Don't you just love the gesture Matt does with his hand at the end of the first crazy supremacyyy riff :awesome:

It's like 'there you are bitches. Thats what you wanted wasn't it? Don't ever doubt us again'

ha yeah I thought that.

I also like that he's playing guitar parts that he seems to be actually concentrating/enjoying whilst playing them. :)

Archived