No 30 second previews this time around?

ChrisirhC

Having waited with anticipation for a few albums already this year (although I've bought the CD, not downloaded), I can agree with someone else that previews before the release date just doesn't seem to be iTunes policy any more. If any are to be made available it's off the artists' own back, eg. website, soundcloud or something. Tbh it's better that way. :)

As for how much of T2L we've heard already, no-one's been truly anal until now! Here's a comprehensive statement of the facts:

We have heard Prelude, Survival, The 2nd Law: Unsustainable and Madness. This is 826 out of 3229 seconds, or roughly 25.6%.

As far as "giving away too much in advance" debates go, we can compare this to The Resistance - it's pretty similar as before the album release we'd heard United States of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage), Uprising and Undisclosed Desires (886 out of 3258 seconds or approx. 27.2%) :LOL:

Almost half the time I listen to MUSE tracks leisurely, I listen to the instrumentals. Don't always want to listen to lyrics, or hear such a piercing lead vocal. If you're anything like me, sometimes you just want to listen to and enjoy the background music clearly, with/without backing vocals that's fine. Got pretty much all the official MUSE instrumentals on my last.fm page if anyone wants 'em =)

Almost half the time I listen to MUSE tracks leisurely, I listen to the instrumentals. Don't always want to listen to lyrics, or hear such a piercing lead vocal. If you're anything like me, sometimes you just want to listen to and enjoy the background music clearly, with/without backing vocals that's fine. Got pretty much all the official MUSE instrumentals on my last.fm page if anyone wants 'em =)

Why do some people type 'Muse' as 'MUSE' all the time? It's never made sense to me.

Why do some people type 'Muse' as 'MUSE' all the time? It's never made sense to me.

This.

But hey I've never seen another South African post on this board :awesome:

But still, I don't see how you can enjoy Muse if you don't like Matt's voice?

MUSE is more accurate than Muse, at least if their own logo is anything to go by, so I don't know what you're complaining about really? Sure, if I used "The Muse", you'd have every reason to be annoyed, purely based on how queer it sounds, not to mention it being inaccurate... but I'd suggest you start getting used to typing MUSE instead of Muse if you wish to be so pedantic, because Frutiger 75 Black (the font used for MUSE's logo) has lower-case characters too, and to the best of my observation, the band chose to use upper-case instead. Trivial much? Yeah, well at least akin to a wannabe high-school teacher trolling on forums complaining about grammar, methinks

MUSE is more accurate than Muse, at least if their own logo is anything to go by, so I don't know what you're complaining about really? Sure, if I used "The Muse", you'd have every reason to be annoyed, purely based on how queer it sounds, not to mention it being inaccurate... but I'd suggest you start getting used to typing MUSE instead of Muse if you wish to be so pedantic, because Frutiger 75 Black (the font used for MUSE's logo) has lower-case characters too, and to the best of my observation, the band chose to use upper-case instead. Trivial much? Yeah, well at least akin to a wannabe high-school teacher trolling on forums complaining about grammar, methinks

:rolleyes:

Heh, ok so I guess the logos for all those bands are wrong then, going by your standards? Let's sue all those bands' media agencies for using caps. I maintain: MUSE, Muse, same shit really... the former actually being more correct if ONLY ONE must absolutely be chosen (reason, as I said: based on the logo).

Heh, ok so I guess the logos for all those bands are wrong then, going by your standards? Let's sue all those bands' media agencies for using caps. I maintain: MUSE, Muse, same shit really... the former actually being more correct if ONLY ONE must absolutely be chosen (reason, as I said: based on the logo).

You're gonna need to start writing loads of band names, movie titles and company names with caps from now on.

You're gonna need to start writing loads of band names, movie titles and company names with caps from now on.

Need to? haha...naaaah... But yes, I could - don't really see why not, given that technically there wouldn't be anything wrong unless the band/company/etc explicitly defines how they wish for it to be. But I just do what feels right, and to the best of my knowledge, MUSE have no problem with their name being presented this way. If the "M" was larger than the USE in the logo (such as the T and B in The Beatles - even though the rest of the letters are upper-case), then I think you guys would have a case for being so O.C.D. Either way, it's just the band name, so yeah let us move on then shall we?... =)

Need to? haha...naaaah... But yes, I could - don't really see why not, given that technically there wouldn't be anything wrong unless the band/company/etc explicitly defines how they wish for it to be. But I just do what feels right, and to the best of my knowledge, MUSE have no problem with their name being presented this way. If the "M" was larger than the USE in the logo (such as the T and B in The Beatles - even though the rest of the letters are upper-case), then I think you guys would have a case for being so O.C.D. Either way, it's just the band name, so yeah let us move on then shall we?... =)

No one was being OCD though, you completely overreacted :rolleyes: All I did was wonder why people did it as I couldn't think why it would make sense to, I never said it annoyed me at all, nor did I say people were wrong or stupid for doing so (though I do think it's pointless).

Anyway, this is off-topic.

Archived