It does seem like it would be fun to listen to like that, I might change mine to be like that, except maybe keep one of the heavy songs at the end. Maybe Liquid State.

That's literally the only way I listen to it now, minus Explorers. Supremacy and Liquid State go so well together though :supersad:

I guess I'd put Prelude+Survival after Isolated System if I did something like that, although I'm not sure how it'd work :p

They played Bliss?

At the Olympia, yes.

That's literally the only way I listen to it now, minus Explorers. Supremacy and Liquid State go so well together though :supersad:

I guess I'd put Prelude+Survival after Isolated System if I did something like that, although I'm not sure how it'd work :p

Stop being off-topic or else I'll use the cruciatus curse on you :phu:

Don't really give a shit about IS if they're not actually playing it, which is a shame. Although the bit at the end of it is alright

Same here. I kinda shouldn't had expected this because it's not like anything Muse has ever done but I wish they actually performed this song with a lot of looping instruments and sampling. Like how Radiohead performs Everything In It's Right Place or The National Anthem. It just feels like such a waste of time to basically be playing a song and its music video when they could perform another song live instead.

It looks like both Unsustainable and Isolated System are going to be at every gig though. I don't mind all the theatrics and the elaborate stage set-up except for the fact that constricts what songs are played every night and what order they are in. I have a feeling this tour will only be slightly less consistent in song selections than The Resistance tour unfortunately. :(

I'm still super excited to see them perform at least once for the first time! :D Whether or not they are changing much between each gig will be the deciding factor for whether or not I see them again afterwards.

Someone wanted to know what I thought of Host when I was able to listen to the whole thing.

I approve.

One thing is standing out to me. I hear complaints about TIRO and Starlight and even KoC all the time, because they've been playing them for years. But looking at the video of Falling Down and the Host...there's like: no reaction.

If I were a band, i'd want to play stuff that people are singing along with, clapping to, etc. The band, ALL bands, thrive on the energy given back from the audience. If they aren't gonna get that from their older stuff and b sides, we're going to keep getting things like TIRO and Starlight. Because that's what gets the reaction they want.

::::shrug:::::

Then again, if they'd play the b sides more often, maybe we'd be getting to know them enough to react to them at shows....

Chicken or the egg, kwim?

If I were a band, i'd want to play stuff that people are singing along with, clapping to, etc. The band, ALL bands, thrive on the energy given back from the audience. If they aren't gonna get that from their older stuff and b sides, we're going to keep getting things like TIRO and Starlight. Because that's what gets the reaction they want?

That's the trap large bands fall into but it only makes them sound stale.

Both of those songs sounded fresh as fuck, good stuff.

That's the trap large bands fall into but it only makes them sound stale.

Both of those songs sounded fresh as fuck, good stuff.

Indeed. I can't say Host and Falling Down are amongst my favourite songs at all, but they did what they did with Cave - make songs they wrote 13/14 years ago sound brand new. It's nice to see something from Showbiz return to the setlists that isn't Sunburn!

Archived