I just don't agree to the whole ''give nothing one night/give two rares the other deal''. I do understand that shows should have a variety of songs since many people go to more than one show. But a lot of people can only go to one, too. When they started the tour, though, it seems like pretty much every one nighter got at least one song from Showbiz?

Go to second nights.

It really is that simple :LOL:

I can only go to one night for Emirates

so

I'm going to the second night, savvy?

I don't disagree with you, it's more that complaining isn't gonna get us anywhere.

No one here does though. We just don't see the point in arguing about it after 3 years of doing it nonstop.

Exactly.

I might end up trying to get a ticket to the Champions League Final so I might only end up going to night 1. Still, I'd say go to both. If I do go to the Final, I'm bound to miss out on something.

The UCL final is on the same night as night 1.

It's odd - I thought after the 2nd night at the O2 this time when we got the weaker overall gig, and the Tokyo/LA gigs had balanced sets that the night 1/2 fun was over. But evidently it's now speeding up again, if not quite to the vaguely incredible extent the last tour did.

I have mixed feelings about the 2nd night thing, but I'll throw my two cents in. Yes, I think they should definitely spread the rarities out between both nights. I see the need for variety of course, but there's no reason to save all the special songs for the second gig. It's really unfair for those who lack the time or money to see them twice, but are still devoted fans who appreciate the rarities. For the time being, the trend has obviously been continuing, but I'm hoping that will change in the future!

That being said, I also am a fan of the green roulette wheel/crowd choice thing on night two. I think it's good of them to acknowledge the diehard fans who now only paid to see them twice, but waited outside all day two days in a row. I know that many people do not have the time or money to do that, but I think for those who do, it's a nice way for the guys to acknowledge the diehards in a fun way :) So I'm hoping the green roulette slot will continue for 2nd night gigs! Just my opinion.

(Apologies if I'm back-tracking in the convo a bit. I'm at work, so I can't exactly follow closely XD)

Yeah I'm kind of with Ari on this... back in the day it was harder to know but if you're a big fan it's usually common knowledge that second nights generally get the better setlist...

This is recent though for the tour. Other multiple night shows were generally on equal levels like the O2. Hell, LA night 3 actually ended up being the worst. It was only in Toronto that they seemed to have brought back the night 2 superiority.

As James said selling your tickets is a bit more difficult with the new system.

That being said, I also am a fan of the green roulette wheel/crowd choice thing on night two. I think it's good of them to acknowledge the diehard fans who now only paid to see them twice, but waited outside all day two days in a row. I know that many people do not have the time or money to do that, but I think for those who do, it's a nice way for the guys to acknowledge the diehards in a fun way :) So I'm hoping the green roulette slot will continue for 2nd night gigs! Just my opinion.

There's a few people who pay for 2 nights but mostly the 2nd night being added later just means there's more casual fans. In almost all of these shows the night 1 presale night seems to always have the better crowds as a result.

This is recent though for the tour. Other multiple night shows were generally on equal levels like the O2. Hell, LA night 3 actually ended up being the worst. It was only in Toronto that they seemed to have brought back the night 2 superiority.

As James said selling your tickets is a bit more difficult with the new system.

There's a few people who pay for 2 nights but mostly the 2nd night being added later just means there's more casual fans. In almost all of these shows the night 1 presale night seems to always have the better crowds as a result.

All good points, definitely

Did you miss the part where it was a joke?

Can never be sure here, seen a few people here and there who seem pretty serious business on the board.

It really is that simple :LOL:

I can only go to one night for Emirates

so

I'm going to the second night, savvy?

I don't disagree with you, it's more that complaining isn't gonna get us anywhere.

Exactly.

Sure, all I'm saying is that there was no second date announced in the beginning and since the last two gigs in Montreal and Québec were one nighters... Plus with the paperless tickets that can only be picked up before the show with a credit card and government ID, I was pretty much stuck with them from the beginning no matter what. Anyway, not really angry anymore just highly disappointed about this.

Someone who was at the second night said that a lot of people had a huge question mark on their faces during Sunburn and MC. What is this, I don't even...

Someone who was at the second night said that a lot of people had a huge question mark on their faces during Sunburn and MC. What is this, I don't even...

/America

/Canada

Feels like a bit of a waste to play Dead Star and Micro Cuts over there. But at the same time it's great that they actually listened to the fans.

Sure, all I'm saying is that there was no second date announced in the beginning and since the last two gigs in Montreal and Québec were one nighters... Plus with the paperless tickets that can only be picked up before the show with a credit card and government ID, I was pretty much stuck with them from the beginning no matter what. Anyway, not really angry anymore just highly disappointed about this.

Yeah, that's fair enough and definitely sucks.

That'd be because the majority that go are casuals

The only way they could possibly please everybody is play two gigs in every city; the first gig you can buy tickets like normal. Night two in a smaller venue and you can only get tickets through here or whatever.

But even then you'd still have people getting fucked over if they couldn't make the second.

The only way they could possibly please everybody is play two gigs in every city; the first gig you can buy tickets like normal. Night two in a smaller venue and you can only get tickets through here or whatever.

But even then you'd still have people getting fucked over if they couldn't make the second.

Or they could just play a decent set on both nights and not make the differences so drastic.

Or why not make polls where fans vote on which oldies they want to hear! Oh wait... :p

Pretty sure Chris tweeted after Wembley (or maybe some other gig) saying that the second night is always less nervous for them. Which means they grow balls overnight and play more obscure stuff.

More like they grew their balls halfway through the gig when they told the barrier they were playing Micro Cuts the next day.

Archived