Muse's jams(Helsinki Jam in particular, probably Osaka too) have always left me a bit unsatisfied. They're not heavy enough to headbang, mosh or just go crazy to, and they're not musically interesting enough to just stand and appreciate. I'm left somewhere in the middle not really knowing what to do.

Muse's jams(Helsinki Jam in particular, probably Osaka too) have always left me a bit unsatisfied. They're not heavy enough to headbang, mosh or just go crazy to, and they're not musically interesting enough to just stand and appreciate. I'm left somewhere in the middle not really knowing what to do.

I dunno about that. It would be cool to see a full band song form version of the jams, but whenever matt's envolved (minus Monty) it's awful (like in RAH 08)

How many times have you actually seen Muse live Sippe? Genuinely interested!

I dunno about that. It would be cool to see a full band song form version of the jams, but whenever matt's envolved (minus Monty) it's awful (like in RAH 08)

How many times have you actually seen Muse live Sippe? Genuinely interested!

But that changes the entire premise that I just gave. If Matt was in on it, it could be heavier AND more interesting musically, so...duh.

2. And had tickets to 3 cancelled gigs in a row :awesome:

EDIT: I mean ACTUALLY in on it, not just doing some noise in the last minute. And Monty Jam <33

The jams focuse on rythm, rythmical complexity, groovy patterns etc y'know. That's why some are interesting like Helsinki Jam and to me Dracula Mountain sounds also great ^^ however, things like MK Jam or Monty Jam are just pointless to me.. MK Jam was dull and Monty Jam is just a Nishe-style bit to make us wait for the piano lol

The jams focuse on rythm, rythmical complexity, groovy patterns etc y'know. That's why some are interesting like Helsinki Jam and to me Dracula Mountain sounds also great ^^ however, things like MK Jam or Monty Jam are just pointless to me.. MK Jam was dull and Monty Jam is just a Nishe-style bit to make us wait for the piano lol

Except that Helsinki is quite boring and Monty is their best jam yet.

The jams focuse on rythm, rythmical complexity, groovy patterns etc y'know. That's why some are interesting like Helsinki Jam and to me Dracula Mountain sounds also great ^^ however, things like MK Jam or Monty Jam are just pointless to me.. MK Jam was just dull and Monty Jam is just a Nishe-style bit to make us wait for the piano lol
They aren't "rythmically complex" though :erm:

And even if they were, that wouldn't make me appreciate them more. Are you a fan of Dream Theater by any chance?

Nope lol it isn't that complex but it has quite a mathematical structure with setbacks etc and it's nice to hear and to see for a drummer ^^ cuz nice groove and some technical features.. And that's why I find things like Monty Jam pointless

Agreed. And I'm a big Dream Theater fan.

Archived