Seeing that crowd from the band's point of view, it probably makes them want to play stuff like that less.

Mm, the crowd was awful. Really hope that doesn't put them off playing it :erm:

But it sounded great. As did Dracula fooking Mountain :awesome: And surprisingly enough, PiB had a bit more energy to it this time

So that was the most amazing show I've ever been to. I'm still in disbelief that it even happened at all! We thought holding up the signs gave us a chance but the experience itself was so surreal. When he asked us if we were coming back tomorrow during Starlight night 1, we freaked out because we got through to them!

Then before playing Dead Star, him coming right to us saying "so you came back", we went nuts. He singled us out and it almost feels like he did it just for us! The fan interaction was insane!

It's definitely a shame the crowd response wasn't stronger but you know what? We honestly knew going in that 90% of the people there would have no idea what it is. For the hardcore musers that got it: I can personally tell you, we took it all in and were going nuts.

Dom Anderson told us more or less that we got the setlist changed for tonight, so we did make the difference.

Crazy, crazy night I'll never forget

I think that was by far and away the biggest surprise last night

Wouldn't be suprised to see that make an appearance on the summer tour now - surely they would have practiced/relearnt it for something more than a random one off gig

So that was the most amazing show I've ever been to. I'm still in disbelief that it even happened at all! We thought holding up the signs gave us a chance but the experience itself was so surreal. When he asked us if we were coming back tomorrow during Starlight night 1, we freaked out because we got through to them!

Then before playing Dead Star, him coming right to us saying "so you came back", we went nuts. He singled us out and it almost feels like he did it just for us! The fan interaction was insane!

It's definitely a shame the crowd response wasn't stronger but you know what? We honestly knew going in that 90% of the people there would have no idea what it is. For the hardcore musers that got it: I can personally tell you, we took it all in and were going nuts.

Dom Anderson told us more or less that we got the setlist changed for tonight, so we did make the difference.

Good fucking job

You the man Nick

I've never understood the utter conviction Dead Star would get a massive audience reaction even in Europe. Especially in a gig as big as a stadium one where the share of casuals is much higher. Playing in a small theather for hardcores who fought for tickets, well duh. But a B-side is still a B-side to most of the more casual fanbase.

That doesn't mean I won't welcome DS for the stadiums, I do despite it not being a personal favourite, although that is mainly because I'd welcome any change from the usual arena setlist.

Amazing.

I've never understood the utter conviction Dead Star would get a massive audience reaction even in Europe. Especially in a gig as big as a stadium one where the share of casuals is much higher. Playing in a small theather for hardcores who fought for tickets, well duh. But a B-side is still a B-side to most of the more casual fanbase.

It was a single. European crowds just seem to be able to get into a song even if they don't know it. Dead Star at V Festival in 2008 is a good example, as well as OOS at Reading and Leeds (loads of people were getting into the lesser known songs).

It was a single. European crowds just seem to be able to get into a song even if they don't know it. Dead Star at V Festival in 2008 is a good example, as well as OOS at Reading and Leeds (loads of people were getting into the lesser known songs).

ya i think it also really just comes down to music fan demography. the United States has not been a place where rock really flourishes for a long time now, people just arent into that type of music. gone are the days where people just go to a show to "rock out". a lot of americans go to shit like avecci and swedish house mafia so they can trip and watch crazy lasers while listening to mash ups.

ya i think it also really just comes down to music fan demography. the United States has not been a place where rock really flourishes for a long time now, people just arent into that type of music. gone are the days where people just go to a show to "rock out". a lot of americans go to shit like avecci and swedish house mafia so they can trip and watch crazy lasers while listening to mash ups.

I don't like Avicii. He threw me into a pile of snow when I was a kid. /Thisdoesn'thavetodowithanythingIknow

I've said this forever and a day but, quite simply put, UK crowds are better than US crowds at concerts.

I don't know why and it's not a shot at US fans but from every single video I've ever seen of concerts, the crowds in the UK are ten times more into every song.

Rock is much more popular in the US than electronic music...it's just I think Americans don't really think about rocking out at concerts unless it is something like Metallica or Disturbed where there is no doubt at all it is rock.

It's likely that the mainstream listeners in the US just think about Muse as a pop/other non-rock genres band. Muse is kinda in that awkward spot in the US where a lot of people know about them but since the US is obsessed with radio-played pop singles the mainstream listeners only know like a couple songs by Muse such as Starlight, Uprising and Madness, hence why they would think of them as a pop band.

Rock is much more popular in the US than electronic music...it's just I think Americans don't really think about rocking out at concerts unless it is something like Metallica or Disturbed where there is no doubt at all it is rock.

You know I've always noticed that bands I've seen again after a few years tended to have weaker crowds than the first time. Like the shit was getting worse over time.

Archived