I'm well aware in the 99.99999% of my mind that thinks logically that this means nothing, but

Muse just posted Dead Star from War Child on Facebook, and Detroit is tomorrow night, and I know I have a better chance of seeing Nirvana, complete with Kurt, alive, than I do of seeing Dead Star, but just what if? Dreaming....

Muse posting a video on Facebook means nothing whatsoever. Unless the video is Matt, Chris and Dom saying "we are playing Dead Star tomorrow in Detroit", you can rest assured that it is not a sign in any way, shape or form. And also it's America.

I'm well aware in the 99.99999% of my mind that thinks logically that this means nothing, but

Muse just posted Dead Star from War Child on Facebook, and Detroit is tomorrow night, and I know I have a better chance of seeing Nirvana, complete with Kurt, alive, than I do of seeing Dead Star, but just what if? Dreaming....

Or, or, they don't play it until Dallas. Dallas is a terrible city with awful crowds, so it's not gonna happen. Maybe it just gets added to the set!

Muse posting a video on Facebook means nothing whatsoever. Unless the video is Matt, Chris and Dom saying "we are playing Dead Star tomorrow in Detroit", you can rest assured that it is not a sign in any way, shape or form. And also it's America.

I'm very much aware of that. I was just dreaming.

I wasn't sure they would play Hyper Music at Reading until I heard it :). Even though I watched ten seconds of a video from Leeds... :rolleyes:

Leeds was a nervous moment. I was like "Alright, New Born...Bliss....good so far...", and then when they started playing Space Dementia I was like "oh okay, we're getting the whole thing then. Promise has been kept".

Leeds was a nervous moment. I was like "Alright, New Born...Bliss....good so far...", and then when they started playing Space Dementia I was like "oh okay, we're getting the whole thing then. Promise has been kept".

I remember I was checking setlist.fm during school to see if they actually went through with the whole album thing.

Even if they said that, I would expect them to change their mind and do Guiding Light or something instead. If Detroit was anywhere close to sold out I'd be of the opinion they would do something special, but it's not. I'm just hoping we don't get Sacramento'd at this point.

Hell, even the fact that they DID play Dead Star once doesn't mean a goddamn thing for future gigs. People will say "Oh, well this increases the chances of it being played again". No, it really doesn't. This is Muse we're talking about. They'd be perfectly happy to play it once and never again.

If they had any sense in them they would bring Dead Star to the stadiums. That singalong would be massive.

Not gonna lie, last night's Cleveland show was the first Muse show was I was actually semi-bored. Sure, everything they played sounded great. The new songs sound great. But man, they just lack the energy they used to bring. I really hate Matt walking around with the mic (except for the crowd interaction during UD, that's pretty cool even those I wasn't on the floor). Not to beat a dead horse, the setlists are sooooo incredibly predictable, there are no surprises whatsoever. And I have to say, the towers from the Resistance tour blows the pyramid out of the water. Even with predictable setlists, the whole tower set up and flow of the show was incredibly entertaining.

I do see the biggest problem with US shows if Cleveland was any indication. The largest crowd reactions came during their biggest "hits". Starlight, TIRO (which my god I am so bored with), Madness of course. So really you can kinda see why Muse does what they do, but I just don't understand not realizing there are at least a handful of hardcore fans there that CRAVE just 1 rare song per show. Why can't they appease those for just one song a night?

Of course this is the tour my wife and I decided to make a 3-show road trip for. So we are going to Detroit tomorrow and Chicago on Monday. They can still make things right by giving me Sunburn or Bliss one of those nights. That's all I ask for. A simple request. I decided if I get one of those songs one of those nights, I will fork out the $30 for the program. I already bought the poster cuz I am a poster whore.

Granted I can't totally complain about the Muse setlist crap too badly because during the Resistance tour I was lucky enough to see Ruled By Secrecy in Columbus and MK Ultra in Detroit, so I can't say I've never gotten "semi-rare" songs. And yes I've seen Muse back in '04 for free and '06 not for free but it was when I wasn't nearly as familar with Muse's back catalogue and didn't appreciate some of the stuff I heard. But I'll need Sunburn or Bliss to really make it feel like I got my money's worth with this road trip.

Honestly seeing them this tour was the first Muse gig in a while where I didn't get bored.

As for the biggest crowd reactions being the hits, that's pretty much universal everywhere. Only reason something like Shepherd's Bush got such a huge reaction to Dead Star is because it was pretty much full of hardcore fans.

Maybe I can just blame my lofty expectations with hearing a "rarity" for not allowing me to fully enjoy the show. Plus I had been listening to Hullaballoo pretty much non-stop for a few weeks so that didn't help either lol.

And sorry if this has already been discussed/answered 9 million times, but does that green block in the roulette wheel actually mean anything? Or is it just a way to fuck with people in thinking that it is something?

As for the biggest crowd reactions being the hits, that's pretty much universal everywhere. Only reason something like Shepherd's Bush got such a huge reaction to Dead Star is because it was pretty much full of hardcore fans.

I've honestly never seen any footage of Dead Star not getting a big reaction.

It's not exactly their most obscure song either.

Exactly. It's a perfect live song, most people know it/have heard it at some point, it was a single, they love to play it, fans love to hear it....

I just don't see why they have to make it such a big problem.

I thought the Shepherd's Bush gig was very telling in that I *think* one of the biggest crowd reactions was for TIRO. I mean, I guess we are deluding ourselves (I know I'm guilty of it) if we think even most of the hardcores are actually bored of it.

Exactly. It's a perfect live song, most people know it/have heard it at some point, it was a single, they love to play it, fans love to hear it....

Well yeah I agree. I was mainly saying that since people liking the big singles is almost universal, it's not a valid excuse as to why they cut out anything slightly rare in NA.

Dead Star always gets such a powerful reaction from the crowd whether they know the song or not. It's one of those that really brings a lot of energy and the band did say that they enjoy playing it. But fuck, I guess playing fun stuff would interfere with the whole make-NA-sets-shit thing.

I thought the Shepherd's Bush gig was very telling in that I *think* one of the biggest crowd reactions was for TIRO. I mean, I guess we are deluding ourselves (I know I'm guilty of it) if we think even most of the hardcores are actually bored of it.

I fucking love TIRO, easily the best song of the night, with the possible exception of Dead Star.

Maybe I can just blame my lofty expectations with hearing a "rarity" for not allowing me to fully enjoy the show. Plus I had been listening to Hullaballoo pretty much non-stop for a few weeks so that didn't help either lol.

And sorry if this has already been discussed/answered 9 million times, but does that green block in the roulette wheel actually mean anything? Or is it just a way to fuck with people in thinking that it is something?

I think the green block just gives you the illusion it's random, when it isn't.

I can see where it kind of taunts you into thinking about rarities, though.

Unless you're in the US... where the song was never released, or even available.

I still have a shitty mp3 version ripped off of YouTube.

I've said it for years but I don't have a problem with playing TIRO and Starlight and whatnot. They get good crowd reactions even if I might be personally bored of them. I get that there has to be some level of hits for a band that has made so much popularity from them.

But it's not like they need to play a b-sides setlist to please fans. The European leg had pretty much no beef at all which was unseen in the past few years of this board. All the band really did was toss in a Showbiz song and play at least over 20 songs. Fans got their rarities, overall people were satisfied with the length, and everything was all happy and shit. Then they decided to stop doing that.

I fucking love TIRO, easily the best song of the night, with the possible exception of Dead Star.

TIRO, easily the best song of the night

TIRO best song of the night

with the possible exception of Dead Star.

possible exception

This is why we can't have nice things.

Unless you're in the US... where the song was never released, or even available.

I still have a shitty mp3 version ripped off of YouTube.

Yet another reason to play it on a regular basis. Keep Europeans happy and introduce it to the Americans.

Don't get me wrong, Dead Star was incredible, but so was TIRO. That was the first time I'd seen them on the floor, so maybe I'd get bored of it after a few gigs, but that doesn't change that I loved seeing it.

^^ I had a feeling that's what it was. But it was funny because I had known the green block existed previously, by my two brothers who had no idea were yelling 'LAND ON THE GREEN BLOCK" without even knowing if it meant anything. So clearly if they included it to fuck with people, it worked. It would be even better if that block included the phrase "B-SIDES" and had the ball always almost land on it, but never did.

Archived