You mean money-wise or setlist-wise?

Setlist-wise. Mostly 21 songs and 2 piano slots. Animals and PiB every night. Near guarantee of a Showbiz song. Bliss brought in a few times. Host played for the first half.

I haven't looked at the data to see the money aspect.

Setlist-wise. Mostly 21 songs and 2 piano slots. Animals and PiB every night. Near guarantee of a Showbiz song. Bliss brought in a few times. Host played for the first half.

I haven't looked at the data to see the money aspect.

A showbiz song every night bar one! :happy:

Fantastic sets in Europe and great sets in America at the beginning got me to purchase tickets, as well as everything I've heard about the show being less overly theatrical, more unexpected, better musicianship and feeling more like a rock show than a play. Now we have terrible sets, kind of getting theatrical and the same sets every night while ignoring the back catalog completely. WOOOO musicianship.

They were doing fine, a lot better than the last tour but TR tour set the bar so low that it's hard to get any lower (obviously not in terms of tour production, quality of playing etc). Still, practically every band that I know of with a back catalogue like Muse seems to do better in terms of setlist variation, rarities and number of songs played. It's still not good enough in comparison to other bands.

Isn't Host more a short interlude, though? Still a cool thing to throw in there.

They were doing fine, a lot better than the last tour but TR tour set the bar so low that it's hard to get any lower (obviously not in terms of tour production, quality of playing etc). Still, practically every band that I know of with a back catalogue like Muse seems to do better in terms of setlist variation, rarities and number of songs played. It's still not good enough in comparison to other bands.

Isn't Host more a short interlude, though? Still a cool thing to throw in there.

Yes but they were rotating songs from their first album, bringing back some stuff like Bliss, and generally playing around 2 hours which is standard for a band their size. I've said before but Muse setlist have never been very varied, so at the point in the career they were at the sets were pretty much as good as you could get regardless of how low TR set the bar.

Yes Host was an interlude, but it was still a nice favor to fans to show they still remember some of those songs.

Anyone in Europe really has nothing to worry about. They'll go back to the stadium tour and play their 23/24 songs setlists. Rarer songs (possibly Fury) will come back. Slots won't get constantly dropped. There will be more than one piano song. Sure they've played shit sets in Europe before but the only place that gets consistently fucked over is North America.

Giving North America the shaft makes little sense to me because it's the one place they still have a lot of fan potential to gain and obviously they've always thrived on live reputation. You'd think they'd give it their best there. Then again, like North American fans in this thread have pointed out, they didn't even realize they were getting the shaft so it's easy to get away with (still) because they are only on their second arena tour there.

Maybe it's a case of seeing the lower attendance numbers than they are used to in Europe, non-sold outs and the fact that they play many dates a week that leads to cutting corners. Which is obviously completely unfair to the fans that do show up.

Maybe 2,000-4,000. And I wouldn't mind this at all! I mean, I'll mind if I don't get a ticket :LOL:, but I think they should play some smaller places. Maybe do a spring or summer amphitheater tour sometime.

That wouldn't be too bad. But then I remember the nearest amphitheater around here is Shoreline and it's the worst sounding venue I've ever been in.

There's nothing saying they'd play more songs in a smaller venue. Only thing it would help is them being able to play more cities, and not cancel gigs, if that's truly what is happening.

Their smaller gigs are usually shorter setlists (see E-Werk, the Roundhouse, Shepherd's Bush...), but at least you get the benefit of a more personal gig. Even though some like to say how Muse rely on lights and lasers, whenever they play a stripped back show their performances are pretty fantastic.

Plus it would cost less.

That wouldn't be too bad. But then I remember the nearest amphitheater around here is Shoreline and it's the worst sounding venue I've ever been in.

I like shoreline :supersad:. It could be nostalgia though, because it doesn't feel like summer until I go to a show at Shoreline and I used to go to a few back in the day. Sound in the lower bowl is fine, but I've heard the lawn sound kind of suffers.

I like shoreline :supersad:. It could be nostalgia though, because it doesn't feel like summer until I go to a show at Shoreline and I used to go to a few back in the day. Sound in the lower bowl is fine, but I've heard the lawn sound kind of suffers.

Mids are pretty dead all around. Lawn sounds quieter than my home speakers

I'm well aware in the 99.99999% of my mind that thinks logically that this means nothing, but

Muse just posted Dead Star from War Child on Facebook, and Detroit is tomorrow night, and I know I have a better chance of seeing Nirvana, complete with Kurt, alive, than I do of seeing Dead Star, but just what if? Dreaming....

Archived