The Orlando gig was incredible. I mean, by US standards the crowd was bonkers. Even Catherine (crazy Aussie) who's been to pretty much been to every US gig on this tour and last said so. I had a blast! Tampa was good too for sure. When they didn't open with Uns in Orlando, we were all like wtf... I'm just happy to have had 2 varying setlists, getting Hysteria, NB and LS one night, and Explorers, MotP and SS the second. And I'm happy seeing USOE twice, as I think that's a really fun song live and since they haven't played it in a while. I will say though, as much as I LOVE Explorers, it was a snoozefest live. Glad I can say I've seen it, however.

Here's a gif from the end of USOE in Orlando. This was awesome. They were really feeding off the crowd, I think.

eurasia_end_6_wm.gif

Every time Matt jumps on the piano keys a part of my dies a little :LOL::erm:

What did they open with then!?

I almost just wish they'd acknowledge it. It's just kind of rude and disrespectful to the American fans.

The thing is, most Americans don't even know it's happening to them and Muse can get away with it. Hell, I didn't realize we were down two songs in Sacramento because I had my fangirl goggles on and didn't know til I got home! :LOL::noey: Still doesn't make it right, but if the crowd goes home happy, I guess that's enough for them. Who cares if they don't wake up happy? :unsure:

They didn't open with unsustainable at one of the recent gigs!?

This is shaping up like last year. They will just keep shortening and shortening the setlists. It is really a shame. So many other bands are able to put together a much better setlist and before we know it we will be down to 16-17 songs. I was at the Tampa gig and when New Born started Matt yelled we're going old school. My first reaction was WTF!? this song is only 10 years old. Guess they are happy attracting the teen crowd only.

I was at the Tampa gig and when New Born started Matt yelled we're going old school. My first reaction was WTF!? this song is only 10 years old. Guess they are happy attracting the teen crowd only.

It's actually coming up on 12 years old. It's kinda old if you consider that it's from their second album and they've made four albums since then.

They didn't open with unsustainable at one of the recent gigs!?

This is shaping up like last year. They will just keep shortening and shortening the setlists. It is really a shame. So many other bands are able to put together a much better setlist and before we know it we will be down to 16-17 songs. I was at the Tampa gig and when New Born started Matt yelled we're going old school. My first reaction was WTF!? this song is only 10 years old. Guess they are happy attracting the teen crowd only.

It definitely is shaping up like last year, which is a disappointment. Apparently Matt thinks nobody knows their catalog in America, we're all just radio fan teenagers. 16-17 songs is unacceptable especially with a back catalog like theirs. Tired of PiB? Why not dust off Hyper Music. Atheist. Small Print. Don't just cut the song completely leaving us with super short sets compared to every other arena band ever. To be fair, New Born is old school. And it's not a staple any more. It is an odd statement, though, as it's been played a lot and was a staple on TR tour.

I agree with everything that ninsp says, as probably the majority of people here do.

After the shitstorm of last tour's setlist(s), I am just too tired to get worked up about it anymore. What this directly means though is that I won't be spending my money anymore to see additional gigs rather than the ones in my country, unless anything odd happens. I'm sure I am not the only one to change their position to this.

I even toyed with the idea of not going to the summer stadium gig, but will end up going. I mean, the last time I heard Bliss as the "rare" song :rolleyes:, I was too drunk to truly register it (a little mishap in the summer 2011 gig...).

I don't know if this means bad news for Muse, big fans opting not to spend money to see them at them several times. I'm sure they're collecting more than enough of new fans to make up for it. Shame about shitting all over their live legacy, though.

Archived