A "Best of" would probably be treated in the same way. Because for all the casuals who would buy a "Greatest hits"....well, "Greatest hits" already implies that it's a "best of" collection. Otherwise it would've been called "Mediocre singles" or "Single collection".

My point was more to say that Greatest Hits doesn't really need even the few rarities. With a "Best of" you have more freedom and some collections of bands with long careers do have good and though-out selections.

But yeah, it would probably be just a cheap money-grab whatever the title.

My point was more to say that Greatest Hits doesn't really need even the few rarities. With a "Best of" you have more freedom and some collections of bands with long careers do have good and though-out selections.

But yeah, it would probably be just a cheap money-grab whatever the title.

They are the same thing with different names.

They are the same thing with different names.

I dunno, I've always seen 'Greatest Hits' as being a collection of the best-selling/well-known singles (with the occasional album track that's very well-known as well) while a 'Best Of...' is more of a collection of the bands best songs, not just sticking to singles and having more freedom to move about a band's discography. Obviously, there's grey areas and the two do cross over a bit, this is just the way I see it anyway, I'm not saying I'm objectively right or anything or that this is always the case.

Anyway, ain't this thread aboot a tour or sutin?

Edit: Jesus, that came across like I was writing an essay or something. Sorry, I've just finished writing one for school so it's rubbed off on me a bit :chuckle:

^

I think that's kind of true, but "Best Of"'s are still usually compiled by the record label, so of course they're going to want to include songs that are therefore also "hits" - unless Muse had a deal with Warner to make their own tracklist and did some kind of fan vote on the website to include songs. And then they probably wouldn't even adhere to the results anyway. "Space Dementia? Micro Cuts??? How about Guiding Light!"

Just thinking that Isolated System would be better if they actually played it live, maybe with Matt on the piano with some loop pedals, or Matt, Chris and Morgan all on Keyboards.

They actually do play half of it live.

Dom's drumming live and Matt creates some of guitar noises.

There was also a pic of Chris playing the bass under the stage.

And talking of "The Best" thing I'd suggest making a simple "Singles Collection" which is the most realistic thing to expect from Muse. There may be some deluxe thing with all the singles on separate discs with their original b-sides and covers :happy:

And a "Singles Live" DVD accompanying the CD. It may be a better thing than a DVD with Muse's MVs, since they're generally ...ermmm....not so good :chuckle:

They actually do play half of it live.

Dom's drumming live and Matt creates some of guitar noises.

There was also a pic of Chris playing the bass under the stage.

So would it be much of a stretch to play the piano part as well? It'd just be a case of Matt and maybe Morgan looping a few keyboard parts.

[YT]
[/YT]

Why, Muse, why? :supersad: Do you not realise how awesome this song sounds, even without rehearsals? :supersad:

(The first person to mention the pedal gets a virtual kick in the nads)

Am I the only person in the world that thinks the verses are insanely boring? :LOL:

Love the outro though when the piano kicks in. :)

:chuckle: Maybe we should give 'em a rousing chorus of

Can you see that I am needing, begging for so much more than you could ever give? And I don't want you to adore me, don't want you to ignore me, when it pleases you.

when they go for their pISs break. The lyrics fit the American Muser situation. :LOL: Although tbh Dead Star fits too.

Shame on you for thinking (we're) an exception...

:chuckle: Maybe we should give 'em a rousing chorus of

Can you see that I am needing, begging for so much more than you could ever give? And I don't want you to adore me, don't want you to ignore me, when it pleases you.

when they go for their pISs break. The lyrics fit the American Muser situation. :LOL: Although tbh Dead Star fits too.

Shame on you for thinking (we're) an exception...

:yesey:

Archived