he deserves to stay at motels and have only one and a half meal a day

Doesn't it occur to you that I actually want to hold back from criticising Chris' voice (something that obviously doesn't bother Simon)? This is because I realise that it's something he's sensitive about. He was very nervous performing for the first time.

Chris has got a nice, voice. It's a sweet, pure voice, for want of a better description. But it's not particularly strong for that kind of environment. Even though it was nice to hear Chris sing lead vocals, I am sorry, but it concerns me they will continue to rely on Chris's vocals too much.

It would be like getting Matt to play bass next time because he fancied it, and it made a change, even though he didn't quite match up to Chris in his playing skills. I think when you're at that level you need to stick to doing things the way they work best for every single song. By that I don't mean stay the same, but at least don't move away from what are major strengths of the band. Matt's writing and voice, Chris's bass playing and Dom's drumming are major strengths. And I think Muse should be left like that.

I misread Simon's post and thought he was trolling. He wasn't. He was making a mistake instead.

I misread Simon's post and thought he was trolling. He wasn't. He was making a mistake instead.

tumblr_mc9pfuqMdT1rtphqgo1_500_zpsf154cc71.gif

I agree with you to an extent on Chris' voice though. It isn't half as good as Matt's as a solo voice but I would certainly let him write more music, Liquid state is ace! And I do love the part in the set when it's like, right bitches, enough of the prancing glitter man, it's badass time

"I want to hold back from criticising Chris' voice"

[rest of the post is criticising Chris' voice]

Sometimes it's difficult to hold back. I don't mind Chris' voice, I just love Matt's voice. Sorry but that's how it is. Matt's voice is one of the reason's I love Muse. Is that such a bad thing?

Chris's voice is great :erm:. I don't really know what else there is to add. His backing vocals are absolutely spot on these days, he deserves a massive amount of credit for all the work he's put in to bring his performances up to scratch and, I would suggest at times, even surpass Matt for quality and consistency.

He has grown so much in confidence too - look at some of the more recent Liquid State performances, he really goes for it :D. Save Me is a harder song to sing because his voice is more exposed so it perhaps shows off more of his frailties but I'm still waiting to hear even a remotely poor effort.

I've been saying this on this board for the best part of nine years now. Chris > Muse. The sooner he starts his Motorhead-esque offshoot band/side project, the better.

Everyone go away and listen to one of Chris's favourite bands - Helmet. He should start a project like that :awesome:. With Dave Grohl.

Because of the shit they've been saying recently and the fact that T2L had some potential I guess

And that they've been the most positive they've ever been ever recently

don't get me wrong I agree with it all, and I always had high hopes for T2L, it's just uncommon on the board :chuckle:

I do seriously think this has been a brilliant year for muse and that aside from a few faults which is expected of for human beings, the tour has gone amazingly well and can only hope and expect that the stadium tour will be awesome as long as they keep to their promise of bringing back some old stuff - which they have undoubtably done already :happy:

Archived