Goes without saying you'll need to block me on FB for the duration!:LOL:

Last tour, someone from here moaned because I kept posting about the stadium tour. Yeah, fuck off bitch, I'll post whatever I wish to post.

came here to tell him exactly that :LOL:

:LOL: FB could indeed be problematic, hey ho

I'm the same as you, I'm a bit of a collector.

This guy gets it.

I'd much rather say that I'd seen e.g. Dead Star 10 times than e.g. Falling Away With You once.

But then you'd miss out on a song that you'll probably never see again, ever.

I'd rather see Dead Star 9 times and FAWY once than Dead Star 10 times and no FAWY.

This guy also kinda gets it.

I just don't understand why you would want to see stuff so you can brag about it to others instead of seeing songs that you really love

yes but there will always be other songs you would much rather see and enjoy even if they are rare than ones just to 'add to the collection'

It's about new experiences and (hopefully) positive surprises. This is part of the reason I was so bummed about missing out on Falling Down and Redemption. I'll likely never get the chance again, which means that I'll never "top off" The Resistance live now. Even if I get Cross-Pollination. I wanted to add Falling Down to the Showbiz list, so yeah, I was bummed about that.

Take NSC for example. I don't like it. BUT I got to see it 3 times and discovered that it actually wasn't bad live. In fact it was good. Of course there are songs that are much higher priority to me. I'd rather see Showbiz, even if it meant I'd never get Big Freeze and was unable to finish T2L.

The gigs I go to aren't picked at random, Hannah. I pick them very carefully and deliberately. It's not all down to the location of the gigs. I pick them based on what I think will yield the most amount of different songs, and based on which ones are likely to give me something rare/-ish.

I think it's different when you've seen a bunch of your favourites 5 times plus.

Also this.

If he's seen it live, he can say how terrible it is live. If he hasn't seen it live and he says it terrible ultimate muse defendors will go 'hurrr but you haven't even seen it live so your opinion is invalid'.

Also this.

The gigs I go to aren't picked at random, Hannah. I pick them very carefully and deliberately. It's not all down to the location of the gigs. I pick them based on what I think will yield the most amount of different songs, and based on which ones are likely to give me something rare/-ish.

and how do you calculate it?

I think it's almost impossible to do that before the start of the tour

it actually turned out that Antwerp got the most diverse set of the tour (and imo the best one with MoTP, Bliss and Sunburn in rotational slots) and it was not expected at all

If seeing something you haven't seen before and completing albums and what not is what you want and makes you happy I can't argue with that. It's all about how much you enjoy yourself that's all I was getting to and what's the most important thing

Yeah, I want to complete albums. However, if a higher priority song comes along then I won't be like "oh goddamnit, didn't get Big Freeze".

and how do you calculate it?

I think it's almost impossible to do that before the start of the tour

it actually turned out that Antwerp got the most diverse set of the tour (and imo the best one with MoTP, Bliss and Sunburn in rotational slots) and it was not expected at all

My choices are entirely based on predictions and speculation, which in turn is based on how they've done things on previous tours, at certain venues, certain countries etc. This tour has been a bit odd in the sense that the first nights have got slightly better setlists, whereas on the TR tour the first night was guaranteed to get fucked while the second nights got great sets (O2 London, Wembley, Brisbane).

That's also why I always do both gigs if there's a two-nighter. That way I'm guaranteed not to miss out on anything, so for me it doesn't matter which night gets the better deal.

Yeah, I want to complete albums. However, if a higher priority song comes along then I won't be like "oh goddamnit, didn't get Big Freeze".

Yeah exactly, I guess our views are different since I don't get half as many chances to see them live as you. Still, if you really hate big freeze then naturally there will be far more songs you'd rather see

Yeah exactly, I guess our views are different since I don't get half as many chances to see them live as you. Still, if you really hate big freeze then naturally there will be far more songs you'd rather see

Of course there are songs I'd rather see than Big Freeze. I can probably name at least 20 just off the top of my head. But you have to consider how likely certain songs are to pop up. Big Freeze seems likely enough, so I might as well take it and cross it off my list.

Of course there are songs I'd rather see than Big Freeze. I can probably name at least 20 just off the top of my head. But you have to consider how likely certain songs are to pop up. Big Freeze seems likely enough, so I might as well take it and cross it off my list.

I can just imagine you standing there with a clipboard and glasses on a string :chuckle:

Archived