What an amazing way to finish your point.

You know, for a lot of people it isn't about if they are allowed a few days off or not, but about if they can afford it.

And obviously Muse can afford it. I don't think it's at all fair for people to expect Matt to perform with a broken foot.

proper? does he not do the ending sometimes or something different? I've not really watched a lot of performances of it :( just a couple here and there

He basically always used to go with falsetto, since the ending is quite challenging. He did RBS with chest voice for the first time in ages though, at Glasgow (I'm not saying that the two vocal performances are equally difficult)

I have, its incredible. Very powerful, and one of my fav's.

:awesome: hope it's played then especially in Manchester :happy:

He basically always used to go with falsetto, since the ending is quite challenging. He did RBS with chest voice for the first time in ages though, at Glasgow (I'm not saying that the two vocal performances are equally difficult)

Oh ok, I think I understand now :p

First time ever live I think.

And as for the SFA ending, I'd be happy if he just did the "YEEEAAAH" properly and then the rest as he usually does.

He has never done the whole ending of SFA fully in chest voice before and I doubt he could even if he wanted to. But he could, with an effort, do "And our souls won't be exhumed" atleast.

That's the hardest bit in the song though, and he at least used to do the "And our souls" bit, I just think he was a bit afraid to go for the "exhumed". It's the "Yeeeaaah"s after the second and last chorus that I'd always wanted to hear him do though, it's really anticlimactic when they're done in falsetto.

Anyway, I think he definitely needs to start using some effects on his vocals for this tour. The Supremacy falsetto would sound miles better for it.

That's the hardest bit in the song though, and he at least used to do the "And our souls" bit, I just think he was a bit afraid to go for the "exhumed". It's the "Yeeeaaah"s after the second and last chorus that I'd always wanted to hear him do though, it's really anticlimactic when they're done in falsetto.

Anyway, I think he definitely needs to start using some effects on his vocals for this tour. The Supremacy falsetto would sound miles better for it.

I think he used some filters for the Jools Holland performance of supremacy.

What's annoying me at the moment is matt ignoring the consonants in survival. Is it really that difficult for him to sing them because it just sounds ridiculous live: 'I'll light the fuuuuuuu and I'll never looooooo..' :LOL:

What's annoying me at the moment is matt ignoring the consonants in survival. Is it really that difficult for him to sing them because it just sounds ridiculous live: 'I'll light the fuuuuuuu and I'll never looooooo..' :LOL:

It actually is hard to sing all consonants all the time, and Survival is a difficult song to sing, plus it's always at the end of a gig. Understandable.

Basically, Matt can't speak very well :chuckle:

That, and he seems to have some kind of obsession with pulling his head/upper body away from the mic during a note. No idea why, maybe he thinks it looks dramatic.

He did the 'Yeahh' in chest during that Babelsberg gig in 2003. Or that German Radio gig. I always mix those two. Didn't he also at the 2007 gig in Tokyo with that crazy setlist? Or was that just the "Our wrongs remain unrectified" part? Too lazy checking...

And that effect he had at Jools Holland didn't sound very good imo.

Archived