MUSCLE TO MUSCLE AND TOE TO TOE :awesome:

It was bound to happen. As soon as I noticed Matt broke his toe I had the quote ready.

Well now I greatly regret setting you up for that you dirty hipster

What's the speculation so far about the soon-after dates? Think they'll stick with them or could the cancellations be extended?

Kasabian do it for really shitty reasons though. Even if they reschedule it still screws some of their fans over.

Surely it's best to wait to see if they reschedule them before everyone loses it? If Morgan only found out today then it most likely happened just today and there's no way they'd have been able to reschedule with all the venues within a few hours. They definitely need to reschedule though.

If there's the slightest chance of the gigs being rescheduled then they should not be refunding, why should those with tickets have to go through another sale?

Kasabian certainly have cancelled for shitty reasons but at least they reschedule and allow people to use their original tickets. It's shitty of Muse to opt for cancelling and refunding.

I feel bad about the people having a go at Muse for this. If you broke your foot would you be expected to get straight back to it?

Not that I'm saying their disappointment isn't totally understandable.

Yeh same I'm torn. I feel really sorry for muse as much as I feel sorry for everyone who lost their chance to see them. But I would react with hatred too just because of how much it would upset me.

I feel bad about the people having a go at Muse for this. If you broke your foot would you be expected to get straight back to it?

Not that I'm saying their disappointment isn't totally understandable.

No, but only because my job involves a LOT of town driving every day (so, lots of clutch/brake use).

Nearly 7 years ago, I broke a 4th metatarsal (same as Wayne Rooney, iirc he was back playing after about 6 weeks...) hurt like a son of a bitch. Wouldn't have taken 9 weeks non-weight-bearing to fix though, that was the Lisfranc injury, ligament damage that led to having a screw fitted in a bunch of bones near my ankle, that got removed a few months later. You know what? Being in pain, and knitting bones, takes up a shitload of energy. I could sit here and work, and did, but I was well below par.

The cancellation/rearrangement argument is one thing, but honestly asking someone to work with a broken foot, unless you've done it, you don't know what you're asking.

Nearly 7 years ago, I broke a 4th metatarsal (same as Wayne Rooney, iirc he was back playing after about 6 weeks...) hurt like a son of a bitch. Wouldn't have taken 9 weeks non-weight-bearing to fix though, that was the Lisfranc injury, ligament damage that led to having a screw fitted in a bunch of bones near my ankle, that got removed a few months later. You know what? Being in pain, and knitting bones, takes up a shitload of energy. I could sit here and work, and did, but I was well below par.

The cancellation/rearrangement argument is one thing, but honestly asking someone to work with a broken foot, unless you've done it, you don't know what you're asking.

This. As much as what some of Bellamy's done in the last few years might have pissed some of you (and me) off, I can't see him enforcing three cancellations for the sake of it. Obviously he'll have taken the hospitals advice and only he'll know how it feels right now. As much as I understand and usually end up agreeing with almost all the beef with Muse these days, I can't get this one.

My job forced me to go back to working immediately after I broke my toes (both times) no cast or anything.

Both times, I broke them at the first joint, though. Hurt like a bitch, but they weren't like snapped off or anything. Still unbelievably sucked, and I was worn out all the time.

My boss was an absolute cock, though, so I wouldn't want to be that way to others...

I still think places deserve a reschedule, though. That part makes no sense, and is shitty.

Yeah, it does seem a little odd that more details haven't come out regarding the other stadium shows.

I'm guessing they are probably going to announce them after they play the Scandinavia shows (The ones they didn't cancel).

It's The one they didn't cancel.

Yes.

Wherever you work must suck.

This. Whilst I understand the beef of them not rescheduling, I really can't get on board with it. Breaking your foot hurts like a mother fucker and it would be insane for Matt to keep going.

Archived