Unless you're in the US... where the song was never released, or even available.

I still have a shitty mp3 version ripped off of YouTube.

True. The live version (entire Hullabaloo album) was added to US iTunes a few years back though, so it has been available in some capacity.

Yet another reason to play it on a regular basis. Keep Europeans happy and introduce it to the Americans.

It's also unfortunately why it will probably never happen in the US. Don't know why it doesn't get played elsewhere.

Not much point introducing the US to a song they would have to illegally download. :LOL:

The live version on Hulla really doesn't do it all that much justice, imo.

Maybe that's just me not really enjoying live audio only recordings.

Yet another reason to play it on a regular basis. Keep Europeans happy and introduce it to the Americans.

This would be a good reason.

Hell, didn't Muse road test a bunch of BH&R songs in the US?

But that was when they didn't seem to give a fuck about region preference.

This would be a good reason.

Hell, didn't Muse road test a bunch of BH&R songs in the US?

But that was when they didn't seem to give a fuck about region preference.

Yeah, Exo-Politics and Assassin in their early versions.

Hell, you guys even got Glorious. The very last performance of it as well.

Yeah, Exo-Politics and Assassin in their early versions.

Hell, you guys even got Glorious. The very last performance of it as well.

I think it was the little popularity of the US shows (that tour was mainly aimed at colleges if I remember) that's why the band road tested. Sure most of the sets were short as fuck but I think that's more because of the venues than the concerts.

Although the BH&R sets weren't bad either. It's The Resistance tour where they really started to show favoritism.

Yeah it was an MTV college tour. Probably one of those necessary evil things though cuz it did a lot to get their name out there. Then Twilight sealed the deal.

But I don't think that tour's shows were any shorter than anything else they were playing in America up to that point. Plus most of their songs were much more high energy back then. A 70+ minute gig filled with Citizen Erased, new Born, Bliss, Small Print, Butterflies, TOADA, PIB, etc didn't leave much room for complaints when you compare it to some of the treatment certain US cities are getting at much larger venues these days.

Yeah it was an MTV college tour. Probably one of those necessary evil things though cuz it did a lot to get their name out there. Then Twilight sealed the deal.

But I don't think that tour's shows were any shorter than anything else they were playing in America up to that point. Plus most of their songs were much more high energy back then. A 70+ minute gig filled with Citizen Erased, new Born, Bliss, Small Print, Butterflies, PIB, etc didn't leave much room for complaints when you compare it to some of the treatment certain US cities are getting at much larger venues these days.

I don't really see it as evil. I mean they were on the level of any local band at that point so they needed the promotion.

I was talking about the American Abso gigs in general. Quite a few of them were 11 songs or so.

I don't really see it as evil. I mean they were on the level of any local band at that point so they needed the promotion.

I was talking about the American Abso gigs in general. Quite a few of them were 11 songs or so.

Yeah, the promotion helped, but I think word of mouth was already doing them wonders at that point. They were effectively doubling the venue sizes in Fall 2004 vs Spring 2004. It also seemed like they were relentlessly touring compared to the large gaps now. I don't see nearly as many Muse shows anymore not out of lack of interest, but just because they only stop by every 3 years now.

Maybe festivals had shorter sets but the average show lengths were 13-15 songs on US Abso tours, and that even continued through the BH&R tour until they hit arena status. Short, but not really criminally short, honestly. Especially when Showbiz was hard to find in shops and Origin wasn't even released.

I actually agree that TiRO is always a highlight for me :$ the crowd response makes it really, the song would be boring after seeing it live loads but the crowd reaction never dulls and I always look forward to everyone screaming the chorus, jumping in unison. Honestly TiRO at Shepherds Bush was stronger than i'd ever seen it so that's why I think it got audibly the best reaction of the night.

However being there, in the crowd, the reaction for Dead Star was definitely stronger.

I just don't understand why they will not play Dead Star in America. Don't get it. Band clearly loves it, crowd there loved it and I'm quite sure that if it got played here it would have a similar reaction just because it's so heavy. Introduce America to it. Maybe they think it's new, find out that it's not and then go buy older albums. Hullabaloo and Origin are sold in America, now. I mean all that joking before they played it proves that Matt knows the fans want Dead Star...I just don't understand. When Plug In Baby was played in Houston in 2008, it clearly got the best reaction of the entire show. The entire crowd sung along, he passed the microphone to the audience and the entire crowd sang every word. Matt commented "That was fucking great for a song that was never released here!" Dude. Come on. Does he not realize I can go into a Wal-Mart and buy Origin of Symmetry or Showbiz on CD? My local record store has Showbiz on vinyl.

The hardcore fans in America would lose their shit if they played Dead Star. Literally. In their pants.

Maybe it's just me in America like this because my mother discovered Origin of Symmetry on Napster years ago and I grew up listening to that CD. But I'm really just frustrated over the lack of an occasional OoS-era song.

Still kind of hurts when Matt says "Oh, you guys have heard that one?" to the American audiences before playing Sunburn. :noey: The reaction to it was pretty good.

I feel like someone needs to tell Matt I bought a copy of Showbiz on vinyl at a freaking Hot Topic about four years ago. And it's not like Showbiz or Origin songs get bad reactions, the crowd goes nuts. I still remember my girlfriend and I, and a friend and his girlfriend went to a waterpark. On the way home, I turned on New Born and they were two really casual fans, yet they knew every word to New Born.

Still kind of hurts when Matt says "Oh, you guys have heard that one?" to the American audiences before playing Sunburn. :noey: The reaction to it was pretty good.

It's true I'm with you there.

I don't think he realizes that when most people get into a band they always go back and listen to the old stuff. I don't know many actual musers that don't have all their albums. There are much newer fans but they majority always want to hear more especially when finding out how long they've been around.

When I first heard of them in 07 I went on a quest to hear everything they did up until that point and waited eagerly for new stuff.

Just think it's odd that he thinks the US crowd would not be familiar w the earlier stuff. When New Born played in Tampa the crowd got SO loud so clearly people heard of that one.

Ehh, I think some of you guys may have some bias. The majority of people around me at the past few shows I've been to only knew the big hits. I remember people giving me weird looks in Cincinatti a few years ago because I knew the words to New Born. From the show on Wednesday, the biggest receptions were:

Supermassive Black Hole (Twilight)

Madness (probably the biggest of the night)

Starlight

Uprising

Resistance

Knights of Cydonia

TIRO

pretty much all of the songs that achieved any type of exposure in the U.S. Pretty tame crowd for all the other songs...even stockholm syndrome which pissed me off :mad:

It is what it is. Yes, there are hardcore fans at the events but in such big arenas it doesn't amount to much. I would love to see some smaller venues as the hardcore fans would be the majority of the crowd and the place would be CRAZY like the first show I ever attended. I understand they're about making money now though and arenas are the best way to do that. The best Muse show I've been to the venue had 3k capacity. Truly wild :) Good memories.

Honestly at both gigs I went to it seemed like the first 100 people waiting in line were actual musers who seemed to know more than the hits bc listening to convos you could tell they had been fans for some time or at least listened to all albums.

Everyone did go mental at the hits maybe I thought it got loud at NB bc I was going mental lol when he started playing NB. Also a lot of the musers brought friends who barely knew of them so the GA was a mixture but yeah I think they should play old stuff irregardless of the crowd knows it bc it will expose them to it and it will appease the rest of us who actually know the older stuff.

Archived