Muse in Electronic Musician, October 2012

FabriPav

Interesting read.

About "songs info", we now know that a part of the Follow Me lyrics are "[When darkness] surrounds you", and that there's a cool effect in Supremacy: "On album opener "Supremacy", Bellamy's passionate vocal cry morphs into a screaming guitar solo."

The interview really gave the idea of the huge amount of work around the album :stunned:

Now that was an interesting interview. I like all the geek talk, even though I don't know what half of it means, but it oozes a kind of enthusiasm for music that I haven't heard from Matt in a long time.

It sounds like the talent, enthusiasm and genius of Bellamy has drained from his guitar playing, piano playing and songwriting into the production process more and more. Which I guess explains the drop in fresh (for lack of a better word) songwriting and the rise in production quality between BHaR and TR.

Now that was an interesting interview. I like all the geek talk, even though I don't know what half of it means, but it oozes a kind of enthusiasm for music that I haven't heard from Matt in a long time.

It sounds like the talent, enthusiasm and genius of Bellamy has drained from his guitar playing, piano playing and songwriting into the production process more and more. Which I guess explains the drop in fresh (for lack of a better word) songwriting and the rise in production quality between BHaR and TR.

I agree to an extent (even though we might still get great songs out of this album). I can totally see him becoming a producer in the future, if not a soundtrack writer. Or both :chuckle:

I agree to an extent (even though we might still get great songs out of this album). I can totally see him becoming a producer in the future, if not a soundtrack writer. Or both :chuckle:

And it's probably why those two Chris songs are on the album. Some fresh songwriting from Chris and Matt was probably happy to just focus on all the studio stuff.

And it's probably why those two Chris songs are on the album. Some fresh songwriting from Chris and Matt was probably happy to just focus on all the studio stuff.

The Australian Guitar Magazine interview was interesting too, about this subject. The way he explains how Supremacy's guitar solo changes its EQ :chuckle: he clearly has a passion for producing

It sounds more and more apocalyptic and haunting.

Reminds me of the Gallery or Con-Science, but with modern Muse's over the top style. I know there's some other non-Muse song it reminds me of but I can't think of it right now.

I can also see this song never being played live.

Archived