2012.10.02 - L'Olympia, Paris, France

L.

Earlier I had 2 tickets in my basket but system wasn't recognising that I'd entered details of my "companion" :( Anyone else have that problem?

Site is now saying there's a 2 hour wait so am not optimistic. So disappointed!

I had that problem when I tried to access my account. It took ages to load and I lost the two tickets I had in my bag. Then I managed to grab one and while trying to pay for it, I lost it. Same thing happened to other friends as well as plenty of people. I've been asking the website on facebook and twitter why people were losing the tickets they had in their bag for no reason and got no answer. This sale was a disaster.

On Tuesday we were 50 000 people trying to get tickets at the same time! I don't know how many we are today. Of course there has to be a queue.

But I was on from 2 minutes before 10 am (Paris time), the site was never available, all I got was

"Non ! Ne partez pas !

Victimes de leur succès, vos artistes vous donnent

rendez-vous dans quelques minutes.

Vous allez être automatiquement redirigé vers la billetterie."

Like a fool, I stayed and waited.:(

On Tuesday we were 50 000 people trying to get tickets at the same time! I don't know how many we are today. Of course there has to be a queue.

I totally agree that there has to be a queue, but I think that it should be an implementation that works and is able to survive a DDOS (50K Muse fans bashing at the doors of your website is pretty similar ^^ ) for example I could see how setting cookies could do the trick or by some other mechanism. But a server that states something like "Don't press F5 or we'll throw you to the end of the line" and then crashes with a 5XX error forcing you to refresh is rather ugly, inconvenient, annoying and frustrating. :\

Archived