Madness vs. Undisclosed Desires

Jedi of Cydonia

Is Madness or Undisclosed Desires Better?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Is Madness or Undisclosed Desires Better?

• Madness
    • Undisclosed Desires

I've noticed a lot of people comparing these two songs to each other.

Personally I think Madness is better because it has more variation in it and is less repetitive. I know a lot of people don't like this, but I really like how simple and bare it is in the beginning.

Also I feel like I'm going to enjoy it live a lot more than Undisclosed Desires. It seems like every member of the band is contributing a lot more Madness live than they do to Undisclosed Desires live. For example, on Undisclosed Desires Matt only plays a couple notes that aren't even really the main melody on the keytar whereas on Madness Matt plays a lot more on guitar.

Which do you think is a better song?

(Also mods feel free to move this to Songs and Releases if you think it fits better there)

Madness is just a dull, boring song, with annoying lyrics and annoying vocals. perhaps it gets a tiny little bit better towards the end, but the last falsetto part really finishes it off as a "random pop song". it has nothing that would make it sound like muse, it's probably the most unoriginal song they've ever made.

UD, on the other hand, is very Musey. it's darker, more haunting and a bit 'misterious'. it has the beautiful harmonic progression so typical of them. That special musey vibe nobody else has. also, chris's slap bass will always beat the kitara for me :D so yeah, it's around 67.8 times better than Madness.

perhaps madness will have a more intense live performance (guitar solo, u2-ish vocals at the end etc), but that still doesn't make it a better song.

so yes. UD > Madness

(oh, and for the record: Endlessly > UD+Madness)

Madness is just a dull, boring song, with annoying lyrics and annoying vocals. perhaps it gets a tiny little bit better towards the end, but the last falsetto part really finishes it off as a "random pop song". it has nothing that would make it sound like muse, it's probably the most unoriginal song they've ever made.

UD, on the other hand, is very Musey. it's darker, more haunting and a bit 'misterious'. it has the beautiful harmonic progression so typical of them. That special musey vibe nobody else has. also, chris's slap bass will always beat the kitara for me :D so yeah, it's around 67.8 times better than Madness.

perhaps madness will have a more intense live performance (guitar solo, u2-ish vocals at the end etc), but that still doesn't make it a better song.

so yes. UD > Madness

(oh, and for the record: Endlessly > UD+Madness)

;););)

By the 3rd listen of Madness I was bored of it, by the 4th I really started to dislike it. Yep, even the U2 sounding lurururururve bit. Genuinely can't stand it. Undisclosed Desires I neither loved nor hated when it came out, and I still don't mind it now. It almost has a Discovery-era Daft Punk vibe. So I guess we have a winner! Of sorts...

I don't want to make assumptions here, but I'm guessing The Resistance was the first album you heard by them, judging by your join date. It was for me to. I think UD sounds Musey only because it was some of the first stuff I heard from them, and if I had started listening to Muse before TR, it probably wouldn't have.

I don't want to make assumptions here, but I'm guessing The Resistance was the first album you heard by them, judging by your join date. It was for me to. I think UD sounds Musey only because it was some of the first stuff I heard from them, and if I had started listening to Muse before TR, it probably wouldn't have.

I'd be extremely disappointed if all Muse songs sounded Musey by your standards.

Archived