How bad would you want a solo album by Matt?

StrikeBass

I'd buy solo albums from all the members should they make some.

Can't say if I'd like it until I heard it though, but my guess is Matt would probably do best, maybye Chris would match him, though I don't think Dom would do very well considering he can't really sing :rolleyes:

I'd buy solo albums from all the members should they make some.

Can't say if I'd like it until I heard it though, but my guess is Matt would probably do best, maybye Chris would match him, though I don't think Dom would do very well considering he can't really sing :rolleyes:

Why would you have to sing to make a good solo album?

Julian Casablanca's solo album was kind of interesting, but outside of recording he's primarily a vocalist. I feel like if Matt did a solo album he'd take the chance to move away from the reigns his guitarist role imposes and we'd end up with more stuff like Undisclosed Desires where he introduced the keytar or a heavily piano dominated album with some electronic influence thrown in and lots of strings.

I mean it could be interesting, but I enjoy Matts guitar work and writing with the traditional band set-up in mind.

I dreamed that I went to a Matt Bellamy solo concert and it was mainly classical-inspired piano stuff. He played bits of Screenager and Space Dementia but couldn't remember how to play the whole songs :chuckle:

I guess a solo album by Matt would be pretty classical-inspired... though I don't know how different it would be from Muse's more classical stuff.

I don't really see a Matt solo album being any different from a Muse album.

Showbiz, Origin and Black Holes are all listed as being written by Matt. That suggests to me that he writes the basslines too.

You're missing the fact that all the songs that "don't sound like Muse" gets thrown away.

I dreamed that I went to a Matt Bellamy solo concert and it was mainly classical-inspired piano stuff. He played bits of Screenager and Space Dementia but couldn't remember how to play the whole songs :chuckle:

I'd love to go to a concert like that :happy:

I don't really see a Matt solo album being any different from a Muse album.

Showbiz, Origin and Black Holes are all listed as being written by Matt. That suggests to me that he writes the basslines too.

Even so they're written with a 3(4 live) piece band setup in mind, with him as guitarist and pianist. A solo project wouldn't necessarily have the same band setup, if it had any band at all. (On a side note, the T2L making of suggests everybody writes their own parts, Matt just prompts them/comes up with the general ideas.)

I feel it would stray far from what we know as Muse. Muse are Muse are Muse, Matt Bellamy is Matt Bellamy when he isn't a member of Muse.

Archived