How bad would you want a solo album by Matt?

StrikeBass

Not sure if this was already posted, whatever... i've been thinking about this for a long time, I think it'd be a masterpiece. Just think to Eraser by Thom Yorke (and he stated that his solo album didn't mean "splitting up with the band" at all): it's great (at least imho). On the wake of Thom I think it would be awesome.

What do you think? :D

Depends what sort of music it'd be, I'd be all for a film soundtrack or something, but I can't imagine enjoying a whole album worth of madness. I'll reserve my judgement until I've heard his songs, but I think Chris is more likely to do a solo album in the near future, and I'd probably enjoy it more tbh.

it'd be nice because then he wouldnt stuff all that cheese into Muse :)

You kidding? It would get worse. Look at Lennon's solo career and the Beatles, Phil Collins and Genesis etc...

It fuels ego and an idea they can translate their solo stuff into the band

You kidding? It would get worse. Look at Lennon's solo career and the Beatles, Phil Collins and Genesis etc...

It fuels ego and an idea they can translate their solo stuff into the band

Didn't really happen with Yorke though, as the original poster said. He seemed to pile all his electronic songs/ideas into The Eraser, and then In Rainbows mostly consisted of rock songs, and it was the best Radiohead album in a long time.

Didn't really happen with Yorke though, as the original poster said. He seemed to pile all his electronic songs/ideas into The Eraser, and then In Rainbows mostly consisted of rock songs, and it was the best Radiohead album in a long time.

Some say it ended up happening with The King of Limbs though.

Archived