If "Follow Me" sounds like either one of those songs (or a combination), I'm going to love it. I've listened to Welcome Reality from start to finish a few times over the past couple of weeks, with those songs being the stand outs. "Promises" is my favorite. If Muse's song sounds like that, it will be awesome.

no way... out of that album, Doomsday was the only acceptable song. I love it when Muse try out new things but this is just shiny techno. and it's bad.

Talkin' aboot?

Promises, especially. yeah, I realise that it probably is some kind of "sophisticated genre with a special name not to be mistaken for the other sophisticated genre which sounds pretty much the same but has a different name anyway". I just call all that electronica sound techno. it doesn't do much for me.

nevermind. my point was that I didn't like either of those songs that were posted and wouldn't want Muse to make a song that sounded like that.

What is wrong with electronic music?

And don't say "I don't have a problem with it" because you clearly do.

I just don't like most electronic songs. usually they are quite repetitive and lack creativity. to sum it up: they're pretty 'meh' 90% of the time. there are exceptions, of course, as always.

I don't like Nero's music that much, I find it fairly unimaginative, but I've never heard them produce someone else so I'll withhold judgement until I a) find out whether it's true and b) if so, hear it.

Fair enough, but I imagine 90% of rock's rather meh. Doesn't mean there aren't plenty of superb electronic artists around. I'm not keen on hip-hop overall, but I'm really into Death Grips and The Roots now.

For being very dismissive of the genre it would seem that not many exceptions exist, who do you like?

as I said, there are quite a few exceptions. it's mostly songs and not producers/performers that fall into that category.

I enjoyed 'future proof' by calvertron, also nero's Doomsday. there's also something about skrillex's first of the year that's heavy and weirdly innovative enough to be enjoyable.

White Lies and the Big Pink are both awesome (albeit the former's second album being atrocious)

I love White Lies first album but I have seen both them support Muse already and I wanted to castrate myself they were so dull. I assume you haven't experienced them live then.

I love White Lies first album but I have seen both them support Muse already and I wanted to castrate myself they were so dull. I assume you haven't experienced them live then.

I felt horrible guilt when I fell in love with them after I had seen them support Muse. Well, I guess there wouldn't have been much more to appreciate then.

I just don't like most electronic songs. usually they are quite repetitive and lack creativity. to sum it up: they're pretty 'meh' 90% of the time. there are exceptions, of course, as always.

Bullshit, don't rubbish a whole genre just because you don't like it :LOL: Sure, some electronic music is like that, but easily as much is actually creative and original. Same can be said for all genres

In other words you've heard like two electronic songs and decided to condemn the whole category.

and you know that exactly how??

actually I took some advice from people I know who are more into this electronic sound on what to listen. I went through quite a lot of songs. listened to justice's cross and nero's welcome reality in full length. aside from a few songs, none of their work managed to impress me really.

also, you wouldn't expect someone to force themselves to keep listening to music they don't like would you?:p

Archived