It's Follow Me.

The song was written by the boys normally, on their respective instruments.

then Nero remixed the song and sent it back to Muse.

They then recreated all the actual instruments electronically for the finished product.....with Bing's heartbeat.

Haha, this actually sounds like a really cool way to approach the track

Would be nice if they released the original as a bside

Electronic music isn't repetitive by definition, it's just electronic.

Did I say that? I said a lot of electronic music is repetitive, and more relevantly, Nero's music is repetitive (Daft Punk, Justice, deadmau5, Porter Robinson, Moguai, Kraftwerk, Atari Teenage Riot, Knife Party, Swedish House Mafia for some examples).

The gallery, con science,

Nearly all songs mentioned have progressive notes and chords. Not the same riff repeated where as synths and vocals are repeated without much of a difference in electronic music.

Guest bellamylookalike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwIuXXk8JtY

Is that the same Nero you lot are on about? That's more the sort of "sonic assault" type thing from this genre of music I imagined Muse taking inspiration from.

I can't stand those examples on the first page of this thread with the vocals :) But this Angst track is good, if it's the same Nero. A comment on the youtube says it would be a good song for a video game end boss :D It could be straight out of Streets of Rage.

Listen to the album. I can accept people won't like the vocals, they're very hit/miss but as a whole they are excellent producers with quite a wide variety of electronic sounds. The symphonic electro they produce is fantastic. Bare in mind the vocals will be Matt. Go on, I'm sure it will be on Spotify, give it a listen from start to finish.

Hmm, odd that so many seem to dislike Nero. I really like Nero's sound a lot, and I have for a while. Like a lot of dance acts their songs may lacka bit of a conventional song structure, and the female vocals can be a bit shrill, but the overal sound, beats, drops and production are really pleasant, which makes me look forward to Follow Me quite a bit.

Follow Me will definitely be a great song. I just feel bad for Chris's kids cause none of them got a song. And by now there are enough albums to put a song for each one. :p

Save me is about his family though :)

Edit: oh that's made me kind of sad :supersad:

Matt has written a song about just having a child, follow me suggesting he is there to look after his son and protect him

Chris has written a song about his children partly also, but save me, about how they were there and are always there to look after and protect him from his 'inner demons' if you like

Not NERO NERO but I love these remixes... wouldn't mind if Knife Party, Nero, Skrillex or Roksonix did a remix of Follow Me or something.

Oooh... A Knife Party remix would be badass. Knife Party (two guys from Pendulum including Rob Swire) don't take themselves seriously at all, they could have a lot of fun with it, whatever Follow Me ends up being.

I think you are over reacting a bit. I know it is personal opinion but I am only getting good vibes from this album build up, am really looking forward to the release. They seem happy, excited and motivated which is what they should be. They are not taking a completely new direction, just experimenting with new songs like they have ALWAYS done.

So think next time you make comparisons with hitler maybe?

What so DJs/Producers can't make intelligent music? I didn't think I'd see it on this board but disliking electronic songs because (I quote) they "don't use real instruments" is the most damn immature thing I will ever hear.

It's the argument you get from pop hipsters who like Lady Gaga, Arctic Monkeys, Ed Sheeran (two of which I like), and say they like them because they can play instruments. It's most irritating example of music snobbery ever.

Guest bellamylookalike

I can relate to you CountDracula, we're roughly the same age and Muse meant a fucking lot to me at 15/16 years old. But later I got destroyed for liking them at University, around the time of Supermassive Black Hole.

But you know, I don't think they can put that particular passion behind the songs they did back then, for whatever reason. Certainly Matt sings and performs differently as seen in the Reading Leeds performance of OoS. But also that OoS era of Muse was special back then, it'd be sad to see them try to replicate it and just fail. It reminds me of Led Zep in their prime, like just two years later the videos of them you watch just don't match up.

And in that respect Muse are going off, exploring their creative ability, which is great. I have a real feeling there will be some special moments on this album, and you have to allow them their prerogative for things like Madness ;)

I simple hate Nero, Skrillex and all this pieces of sh*t!
Fine by me.

I remember when Real Madrid had the player Graevesen in the same team as...
Music =/= Soccer. I think you're drawing a weird analogy.

About Chris, man, I have met that guy a couple of times during the years in album signings and fan meeting events and he didnt look so f*cked up as he's saying in the interviews, it feels a bit like an escape plan to cover for the band's weaker songs and live gigs.

Ouch. Now that's overreacting and kinda insulting. Just because Chris looks normal doesn't mean he was 'alright'. Maybe he's trying to "act normal" because he doesn't want the band members/fans to worry but sadly his alcoholic problem became a large part of his life in the recent years. They're humans as well.

If anything, no band is perfect. One day or another they're bound to make records that are far off fan expectations. You're allowed to complain of course, but for me I'd rather enjoy what comes along if I can still do so because Muse just keep changing and there's no point trying to beg them to do another OoS. And in that sense I'm looking forward to what Nero and Muse have brought to the table. I like the sound of "dancefloor beats".

I can relate to you CountDracula, we're roughly the same age and Muse meant a fucking lot to me at 15/16 years old. But later I got destroyed for liking them at University, around the time of Supermassive Black Hole.

But you know, I don't think they can put that particular passion behind the songs they did back then, for whatever reason. Certainly Matt sings and performs differently as seen in the Reading Leeds performance of OoS. But also that OoS era of Muse was special back then, it'd be sad to see them try to replicate it and just fail. It reminds me of Led Zep in their prime, like just two years later the videos of them you watch just don't match up.

And in that respect Muse are going off, exploring their creative ability, which is great. I have a real feeling there will be some special moments on this album, and you have to allow them their prerogative for things like Madness ;)

I am happy someone does understand me. I guess like you say our age is the same (i'll turn 27 in a few days) and so Muse played a massive role in our lives when we were younger, but well, i keep my fingers crossed for whats coming, but im not really waiting for something special as a whole, but some occasional bits here and there, maybe supremacy and big freeze from the descriptions. But well, we will always have the old cds and memories from gigs.. at least that!

I simple hate Nero, Skrillex and all this pieces of sh*t! Honestly, c'mon! What the hell is this? I respect people's taste (even if u cant see it), but Muse used to be intelligent music (and the fans were proud of that, so proud that even muselive used the slogan: rock for clever people). Now, each day that goes by i'm more afraid to say I like Muse. Not because of what the other think about it, but because of what im starting to think about it! Giving credit to guys like Nero and Skrillex is the same as telling Hitler is doing something good! I remember when Real Madrid had the player Graevesen in the same team as Zidane, Figo, Raul, etc.. They were saying it was to keep a balance and not having just stars. Well, I think Graevesen was the reason why Real Madrid didnt fully succed and they should have at all levels, because if they had a better midfielder they could have won it all. With Muse is the same. If you can have album like showbiz, origin or abso where all the track are Figo's or Zidane's, why the hell do we have to listen to albums with tracks that are worse than graevesen? I think money, fame and hollywood are screwing Matt's head. Dom for example, i think he just wants to have some fun, so he doesnt really care anymore, but his side-project Vicky Cryer is creating better stuff than muse. About Chris, man, I have met that guy a couple of times during the years in album signings and fan meeting events and he didnt look so f*cked up as he's saying in the interviews, it feels a bit like an escape plan to cover for the band's weaker songs and live gigs. Yes, live gigs too, because I saw muse in many different ocasions in many different years and it keeps getting worse. no passion, no emotion, just an "im the best" attitude. I remember back in 99 and 2000 when i was trying to convince all my friends to listen to muse and convince them they were the best and i couldnt understand why no one knew them.. and now, i need to hide basicly and avoid the subject. I don't write music (just lyrics for some bands of friendS) but im pretty sure even i could write something better and far more original than this madness of matt called.. madness of course. big cheers to all, not trying to offend anyone, just sharing my pain of being a muse fan that, even though i try so hard, cant see an evolution (at least a positive one).. but the opposite. To end with an analogy , Muse is like Benjamin Button.. as years go by they will end up forgetting how to walk and talk before they collapse and .. puff.

Why did Sippe has to get himself banned for such trivial reasons when this.

There's just so much wrong here. Comparing Nero and Skrillex to Hitler was my favourite part though.

Can you please objectively describe why dubstep is not as good as classical music?

I think making such accusations against Chris is getting a little close to breaking the board rules, also. Pretty low blow.

I simple hate Nero, Skrillex and all this pieces of sh*t! Honestly, c'mon! What the hell is this? I respect people's taste (even if u cant see it), but Muse used to be intelligent music (and the fans were proud of that, so proud that even muselive used the slogan: rock for clever people). Now, each day that goes by i'm more afraid to say I like Muse. Not because of what the other think about it, but because of what im starting to think about it! Giving credit to guys like Nero and Skrillex is the same as telling Hitler is doing something good! I remember when Real Madrid had the player Graevesen in the same team as Zidane, Figo, Raul, etc.. They were saying it was to keep a balance and not having just stars. Well, I think Graevesen was the reason why Real Madrid didnt fully succed and they should have at all levels, because if they had a better midfielder they could have won it all. With Muse is the same. If you can have album like showbiz, origin or abso where all the track are Figo's or Zidane's, why the hell do we have to listen to albums with tracks that are worse than graevesen? I think money, fame and hollywood are screwing Matt's head. Dom for example, i think he just wants to have some fun, so he doesnt really care anymore, but his side-project Vicky Cryer is creating better stuff than muse. About Chris, man, I have met that guy a couple of times during the years in album signings and fan meeting events and he didnt look so f*cked up as he's saying in the interviews, it feels a bit like an escape plan to cover for the band's weaker songs and live gigs. Yes, live gigs too, because I saw muse in many different ocasions in many different years and it keeps getting worse. no passion, no emotion, just an "im the best" attitude. I remember back in 99 and 2000 when i was trying to convince all my friends to listen to muse and convince them they were the best and i couldnt understand why no one knew them.. and now, i need to hide basicly and avoid the subject. I don't write music (just lyrics for some bands of friendS) but im pretty sure even i could write something better and far more original than this madness of matt called.. madness of course. big cheers to all, not trying to offend anyone, just sharing my pain of being a muse fan that, even though i try so hard, cant see an evolution (at least a positive one).. but the opposite. To end with an analogy , Muse is like Benjamin Button.. as years go by they will end up forgetting how to walk and talk before they collapse and .. puff.

What the fuck.

Archived